Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not sure where to look.

mike smith

Country Flag
australia
Im not sure if this is covered in another forum, but i will ask anyway, im cheeky like that.

I just got an air filter, oil filter and fuel filter kit. I know where the first two go, but can somebody please point me in the direction of the fuel filter and how to change it. I have the 2001 1FZ motor. I have a service manual but it doesnt show me where the blessed thing is located.

Oh won final thing, i like to home brew beer, if there is a segment on here that deals with this most important topic, please let me know. And if you are interested, i just brewed a batch of English Bitter, i have to say its the best i have brewed, well i was born a pom 70 years ago.

Hi Mike,
I'm sure when you post a picture of your engine bay, we'll be able to figure it out. :innocent:

If the 1FZ is like my 4Runner, then the fuel filter is positioned such that you will end up with a face full of petrol as you undo the nuts that hold it in place under the car - have a look along the chassis rails. The best way to do it is to remove the fuel pump relay/fuse, and run the car until it stops as that clears the fuel pressure in the line, and then do the fuel filter.

Hope that helps a bit...

It may well be that i may spend some dosh and let somebody who knows what they are doing, work on it.

Yes i a coward.

Mike unless the filter goes inside a canister, just take out the new one out of the box and move it around the engine bay until it's next to something that looks the same?

Hi Mike, for the guys here to help you it helps if you go to your signature line and fill in some details like others have about your truck so that this info follows every post you make. Also posting specific titles like 'Fuel filter location on petrol 105' will get you more help from those that know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok what signature line.

I love scientific approach of have a look round the engine bay, now thats what i would have said.

Im not sure if starcruiser is having a go or just trying to help me, either way, im new im learning so be gentle with me.

hi Mike, I think you'll need 30 posts on the forum before the option 'signature line' will appear. So another 5 posts and you're there. why not try to get a picture in your next post ?
btw the signature line is the text you see below this message. (White '94 HZJ75 overland prepared ......)

if its a 105 (is it?) then you may well have 2 fuel filters. On mine they are on the RHS (when looking from the front) although I seem to remember a conversation with someone whose fuel filters were on the LHS - so like the boys have said post us a photo to be sure, or look for something similar in the engine bay.

It's a petrol Nick. Most likely different. Hey speaking of pics though....

Hi Mike, when you’ve got enough posts (nobody ever seems to know how many you need) click on your user name (top right)

4DFD8EDA-C53E-4AEE-90EB-3BE5CBB73F41.png

And you should get a panel appear something like this...

F2262412-6A27-48E9-A1B2-664A254A6A81.png

It’s known as your “Profile” and there are subjects listed, one of which is “Signature”. Click on that and you’ll have a blank text box where you can insert some details about your truck, or anything you want (that’s legal) ....

That way folks can have a head start on what you’re posting about, as @StarCruiser suggested.

Ok what signature line.

I love scientific approach of have a look round the engine bay, now thats what i would have said.

Im not sure if starcruiser is having a go or just trying to help me, either way, im new im learning so be gentle with me.
Like has been said elsewhere Mike, we're a friendly helpful bunch on here :romance-grouphug: so always assume that's where folks are coming from. In fact we don't really go for the unpleasant stuff on here :eusa-naughty:. There's plenty of other forums elsewhere for that sort of thing if you want it. :thumbup: Nothing wrong with a bit of well intentioned banter, mind. :lol:

Home brew
No subforumfor it

But I am a craft brewer
Here is current batch of full grain mash beer - copy of Theakstons Old Peculiar which is bubbling away in corner of my kitchen

IMG_3359.JPG

Maybe there could be a home brew thread? Whaddaya think Mike? Something for the lounge maybe? :whistle:

Back