Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not sureif think works outside CN

:?:
Didn't see you.

I would be worried if I was seen.

Any way, all students do this for 1 full month during uni.
They get to do all the "Army" stuff.
Make dorm beds, up at 4.am,
Marching, being shouted and screamed at,,,,,, (Kinda' what is missing in UK education maybe?)
Even get to carry and shoot live rounds :thumbup:

I was asking Fay how she liked it, she said not really, the gun is too big.
They all get to shoot 5 rounds off, kinda' cool if you ask me.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE2MjkzNDIw.html

YouKu is the Chinese YouTube, only better :lol:

Gra.

Both links worked for me Graham, yes something like this might work here in the UK, bring back National Service is what I say :character-oldtimer: , solve unemployment and give the kids of today something better to do than mugging old ladies on the streets.

Well this is what I was edging to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think there is too much idleness in some of teh youngsters, expecting to be carried by society for the next god knows how many years, under "social services / dole" and we all know what the devil does with people who have too much time on their hands.
I feel some mild conscription could go a long way to giving some morality, and decency into some of todays youth.
I can imagin thee would be cries of "forced labour" but I really don't think it would be a bad thing, in a controlled environment.

Just an idea to play around with, sure the government will cry they have no money to supervise and train these youngsters, but there must surley be some real cracking gems out there, if only given the chance to show their true worth.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham said:

mmmm ... the sound track is from Gladiator ... another time, another empire perhaps?

But yes, you are right conscription could fill the time of the idle and teach them discipline and responsibility. You give three years of your time to society against nominal remuneration, we (part) cover the cost of uni, tech training etc. in return

Not sure some of our youngsters around our way would be happy, being reduced to only shooting off five rounds a day...

I can imagin thee would be cries of "forced labour" but I really don't think it would be a bad thing, in a controlled environment.
:shock: Surely that's exactly the problem?

Links worked for me - but that's 5 minutes of my life i'm never getting back :lol:

Cheers though Graham - I think I just missed the point :thumbup:

Back