Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD 2

Indie

Country Flag
uk
Can anyone give me a definite answer please on wether a year 2000 100 series landcruiser 4.2 1HD-FTE engine right hand drive with an OBD port is OBD or OBD 2 compatible. The car was imported to the UK from the Netherlands in 2001 and has an OBD port ?
Also does anyone use the Scangauge II on their early 100 series 4.2
Thankyou.

No, and no.
OBD port (same connector as OBD2) is not OBD2. It is M-OBD (Multiplexing On Board Diagnostics, iirc), Toyotas own OBD.

I've only heard of petrols using SG-II on 100s.
There are systems which can use a mix of existing and add-on sensors, which some avid cruiserheads have installed. It takes a good deal of fiddling tho'.
TechStream with Mini VCI (30 £) or Toyota Tester (2000 £) are the only safe bets, but there are a couple of other readers that will do a good deal of the systems.

Thanks uHu much appreciated, it looks like i will be getting Techstream are there any problems setting up and using Techstream with a Mac.?

Thanks uHu much appreciated, it looks like i will be getting Techstream are there any problems setting up and using Techstream with a Mac.?
Yes, it’s windows only. So you’ll have to have a windows emulator or boot camp if using an intel chipped mac. Best just to grab an old windows laptop - should be free. I’m not too bad with computers but setting up techstream had me beat - had to get a techy to do it who found an address had been corrupted in my laptop.

BTW - a cheap wifi adaptor will let you read engine codes and sensors with a free iPhone app. But only engine - no other ECUs

No worries. If you can - spend a bit more and get the newest firmware version cable you can. I regret getting the cheapest v1.4 one - it’s ok on a 100 but I can tread 1Vd injectors and can’t program 200 series ECUs

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back