Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Off to sunny Scotland

Went to visit my aunty and cousins today. Has fish n chips on the beach at Cullen on the way back. Yum!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
It's going to be a fishy sort of holiday, I can tell! :icon-biggrin:

fish and chips - it should have been a bowl of Cullen Skink!

nice spot cullen, often head up there for a bike ride or sea kayaking, its only 40mins up road
nice pub under the viaduct too

Mrs wants a bowl of that before we leave, only the chippy was open at that time on a Sunday evening unfortunately.

Today we've visited the isle of Skye ( still there having our dinner with free wifi wooo!) only driven 200 miles today and still got to get back, doh!
mjb at eillein dun thingy castle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 173
So, had a lovely day yesterday. Driving back through Skye a noise developed on mjb, a sort of grinding noise which occasionally flared up into a right nasty racket. Pulled over to see if I could see anything rubbing, no joy. Carried on for a bit. It got worse. Decided to pull over again just after the bridge from Skye to the mainland as there was a town there and once I'd gone past it there was 50 odd miles of nothingness so decided to call the AA. A local man named Ewan then rang me up and said his garage was a 100 yards down the road and if I thought it ok could I drive there, so I did. After inspection he said that my off side wheel bearing was knackered and I needed a new one which he said he could get around lunchtime today. Lent me a car and we drove the rest of the way home, avoiding bunnys, deer and badgers. For home around midnight. This morning he rang up and told me that he couldn't get the part till lunchtime Thursday so this will be my chariot for the next few days...image.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just hope when he comes to fix it he doesn't find anything else, the noise was quite horrible!

Thanks gav. Went to Switzerland in the Beemer a few years ago. Drove there and around all week fine. Water pump went an hour into the journey on the way home. That ended up being planes trains and automobiles to get home. This I hope will be a lot easier.

That's really bad news about the wheel bearing. Hope Ewan knows what he's doing :?

Fingers crossed here too, maybe you can swing another week waiting for the repair...:whistle:

Well he dismantled the near side first as there was a bit of play in that. Then we went for a tiny spin and it hadn't cured it. Said to him to hop in and the face he pulled at the noise was um, worrying. So he had a wibble on the drivers side and said it must be the inner bearing. Hopefully all goes well. Fingers crossed too.

Must have collapsed to go that quickly. Wear is relatively gradual.

I hadn't noticed anything before I left home but then I've only had it a little while and only tend to drive it 5 miles here n there. It's done a thousand in the last 3 days and I had noticed a little noise but wasn't sure. But it went from a little noise to an "oo I'd better pull over quick" noise rather suddenly.

So, went to Loch Ness yesterday on the way back to Skye to pick up mjb. Didn't see Nessie but enjoyed the visitor centre. Had lunch at a cafe round the corner and got the phone call from Ewan. " you're cruisers ready" woohoo!
off we went as fast as the Volvo could get us there, although probably better to drive in the twisty stuff I can't think why anyone would get a Volvo over a lc :whistle:
Eventually got there. Swapped out stuff about, paid the money, said thankyou to Ewan for his help and we were on out way.
Mjb was all quiet, no nasty noises. I was grinning like a twat :icon-biggrin: 7 miles down the road, a car stops in front of me, hit the brakes and the peddle goes straight to the floor. I narrowly avoided the car by pulling up on the pavement ( thank goodness no one was there) and after some pumping stopped. Pulled up in a car park and had a look about. Brake fluid p Ing out from the flexy hose. I rang up the garage and gingerly drove back ( the mrs was loving this experience) I was using the engine and 2 and l to slow me down a bit before using up the valuable brake fluid that was left.
Got to the garage, they looked at it made a few phone calls and told me they couldn't get one till Monday, nooooooo! Not the Volvo! Luckily one of the mechanics had a box of stuff for his golf and there was a flexi hose in there, all fixed now but think I may need to do some maintenance when I get home.
I've had a quick look about, are these suitable?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/380663337927?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true
Anyway hopefully we'll get home safe tomorrow. Ps. The weather is great up here!

Some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 134
A lot of people speak higher of Llama 4x4 brake hoses... Dave I believe is the chap...

I've even found you the link :icon-cool:

Well just about made it home with no more probs, just stopped off to get tonight's dinner!

Back