Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Offset & custom wheels theory - right or wrong ?

helen07

I have read the standard 90 wheels are -15 to -30 offset depending on who wrote it .
Everyone accepts the 80 series 16x8 wheels have a zero offset and fit the 90 series well with the advantage of a wider stance and better look .

My theory , or question , whichever way you choose to look at it is this -

The 16x8 is one inch wider than standard (16x7) on its own , and the zero offset brings the whole wheel/tyre approx one inch closer to flush with outer wheel arch . I would guess the zero offset coupled with the wider wheel actually move the wheel an inch and a half or 38mm outwards .

If i figure this right then this should leave a shy inch of empty space formally occupied by the minus offset of the original wheel .

So the optimum wheel size for an otherwise unmodified 90 series should be 16x9 with a minus -25 offset .

I'm not sure i follow my own logic here but i would be grateful for opinions from anyone who understands what i'm trying to say .

This post is wrong how do i delete it i've tried and just found it i listed it twice wrong and once right !?! negative offset was sposed to be positive

Easiest way may be to report the wrong ones, and leave a note in the box asking for it to be deleted/locked; that's what I do on other forums.

Back