Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil level too high

The injector return line washers aren't the sort to suddenly start leaking unless incorrectly fitted.

The front seal on the IP is a common problem, particularly accelerated when running WVO.

I always have the problem with the engine oil level rising on every truck i put wvo in. I have had a recon pump on one of them and the level still went up. I know what julian is saying about the front seal on the pump as it will allow fuel straight into the timing gear casing.

Usually They say when the engine oil rises when on wvo its because you get unburnt fuel in the pots. You can help this issue by heating the wvo up as hot as possible before it goes into the pump.Some people even heat the injector pipes before they go into the injectors.

Karl

2012-05-20%2016.39.23.jpg

Well this explains why the oil level light kept coming on...

BTW you are looking at the oil level sensor, looks like the float must be somewhere in my sump :think:

Bet that's what mine will look like when I get round to it, my oil level light comes on since I replaced a load of bulbs in the instrument cluster :roll:

That's a new one on me Rob. Blimey. Wonder what actually causes that. Having the 12v is an advantage after all. It means that you need to do the BEBs so you get a look at the float when you drop the sump. :roll:

I am staggered that the light stays off at all. You might get bits of it coming out when you drop your oil. Any reason why this might be a 24v things Jon? OK 2 doesn't exactly make a trend I know.

Chris

Chris I reckon the light is on a time delay, that's why it only comes on during longer journeys.

Jon, my low oil light bulb was also removed :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No theories to offer on that Chris, will have to see what mine looks like when I get round to fixing it. My light comes on after about 30 seconds of driving. Can't remember if my bulb was blown or missing, I had a combination of both for various warning lights.

If someone is questioning whether or not their rising oil level is due to the diesel spill pipe leaking into the rocker cover they might look for another associated problem which would prove the point; well 99%. The spill pipe feeds into the diesel tank feed pipe to the pump. If it leaks when the engine is running diesel runs into the sump raising the oil level. The second problem to look for is that when the engine is not running air is drawn into the spill pipe as the fuel drops down the pipe due to gravity AND the leak. The car then will not start after standing for a period. The size of the leak will determine the rate of increase in oil level and time the car has to stand before it will not start. I had a bad leak with a gallon of fuel in the engine after 40 miles and the car would not start sfter 5 hours standing. [ something of that order IIRC].

New spill washers must be fitted after removal. When you do the banjo bolt up 2 things happen. 1 the bottom washer is bitten into by the razor sharp edges of the injector thereby locking it against rotation. 2 the top washer is compressed and grips the shank of the bajo bolt. As the two washers are joined by a vertical link it is now impossible for the banjo bolt to vibrate undone.

Frank

Back