Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil pressure gauge

24carrot

Hi can any one help my oil pressure gauge has stop working oil pressure good but gauge not working any ideas thanks

Tricky, this one. Sometimes it's the sender on the side of the engine, sometimes it's the loom and sometimes is the instrument cluster. You just have to go section by section. I had an 80 that I never got fixed. I just learned to accept that when the engine wasn't running, the gauge was correct!

Tricky, this one. Sometimes it's the sender on the side of the engine, sometimes it's the loom and sometimes is the instrument cluster. You just have to go section by section. I had an 80 that I never got fixed. I just learned to accept that when the engine wasn't running, the gauge was correct!
:tearsofjoy:

Me too, just disconnected it from the sender, binned the sender and installed a real oil pressure gauge, well one that has a finger that moves instead.

It came with its own sender, so now I can drive relaxed knowing I’ve got all of 30lb pressure at cruising speed.

I’m joking, but its alarmingly low at idle, but the book says that’s OK.

I ain’t arguing.

Could well be loose/ corroded terminals on the sender. Mechanical gauges give a more accurate picture but if the pipe to the gauge breaks that's a nasty problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I bought the 80 in ‘05 it had the low OP “problem” which turned out to be the sender. I installed a (temporary) mechanical capillary gauge, which is still connected, to check the pressure, then bought a new sender. If you take the lid off the sender unit you’ll find it can be adjusted to make the OEM gauge read higher/lower.

Back