Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OIL PUMP

PETE BELL

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
has any one done an oil pump -my oil warning light flickers on tick over i have just serviced the engine i.e new oil and filters. the light goes off at about 1500 Revs i am wondering if the oil pump has become worn and is short on pressure. the engine has done 155000 miles and where is the oil pump situated in the engine i.e access through sump or otherwise? cheers :thumbup:

I've never really heard of oil pumps failing or anything. Did you use suitable oil for the engine? Did it happen before you did the oil change?

If you need a another pump, I have a genuine used toyota pump off a low mileage 1kzt-e engine, PM me for details.

It was fine before i changed the oil and i use the same oil in all my toyotas il look at the switch cheers :thumbup: :thumbup: p.s. where is the oil pump situated in the engine ? thanks again guys

PETE BELL said:
It was fine before i changed the oil and i use the same oil in all my toyotas il look at the switch cheers :thumbup: :thumbup: p.s. where is the oil pump situated in the engine ? thanks again guys

facing in front of the car, it is bottom right of the engine I believe.

Back