Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One day I hope to be able to do a right angle and a straight line!!

Looking good. But isn't this exactly what you head earlier? Or well the left half of what you had ?

Looking good. But isn't this exactly what you head earlier? Or well the left half of what you had ?
Well yes, but I got the new fridge and the previous version was to small. The big draw back was that it weighed a ton, although have realised now most of the weight is in the slides!!! This system will be 2 separate sides, although I will lose 30mm in the middle, but also On the drawer side I’m going to put a place/table for the stove. 2 separate sides means it should come out easier if needed. Always got to be tinkering!!

The key is to lay out your panels on a 1220 mm x 2440 mm sheet by size so that they can make as few cuts as possible.

8'×4' rolls off the tongue so much easier rich..:)

Any good ideas on paint for the wood? Looking for a textured finish or hard wearing, something like linex or equivalent for wood?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So finally got it finished, which is a good job as we are camping soon, pleased with it, now just bits and pieces to tidy up.

513300D9-ABE8-427F-9322-FF6CF210A6F4.jpeg
02A26DF2-25C6-490C-9E87-CBD4BD2D5184.jpeg
B73DFD41-2042-4D2E-9523-D4A129F55376.jpeg
5AA4C8CB-5B8D-4291-BE67-CC38FA088D68.jpeg

Very very nice. Are those Cut-snake arches there?

That is a very tidy job looks like some time thought and effort went into it so asking nicely could you put up a list of suppliers for the ally box drawer slides and latches please and if you dont mind a ball park price for the job ta steve

I like the ally section too. When we were at BK I was looking at Ullstein's pick up, pull out system. Very nice. All built with box section but they had connectors that you could bend to any angle you liked not just 90 degrees.
I don't have any pics but I also found these people https://www.oryxsolutions.de/en/ who make a profile and corners that has slots to accept thin wall board for making drawers and so on. Real mecanno style. I was impressed. Professional finish with no brain power needed. Have a look at their casemaker system.

Very very nice. Are those Cut-snake arches there?
Nope, pocket flares from the States, a guy on mud sells them, saw some mixed reviews around the Nut snake ones so thought I would go that route.

Turned out alright that has :thumbup:
Like the layout… and the colour scheme.
That ally profile is very useful stuff isn’t it?
I’m like a kid in a sweet shop looking at the website. :lol:
Yep great stuff, there is loads of bit and pieces.

That is a very tidy job looks like some time thought and effort went into it so asking nicely could you put up a list of suppliers for the ally box drawer slides and latches please and if you dont mind a ball park price for the job ta steve
The cost is a great question, I tried to model it on the Goosegear stuff which is expensive, and I can see why! I wouldn’t do double lock on the bottom which is overkill. Southco latches, and slides from GSFslides.
So there is 6 sets of slides and then lots of profile so I would say £600 in total, maybe slightly more.

I like the ally section too. When we were at BK I was looking at Ullstein's pick up, pull out system. Very nice. All built with box section but they had connectors that you could bend to any angle you liked not just 90 degrees.
I don't have any pics but I also found these people https://www.oryxsolutions.de/en/ who make a profile and corners that has slots to accept thin wall board for making drawers and so on. Real mecanno style. I was impressed. Professional finish with no brain power needed. Have a look at their casemaker system.
Good website

Ooh oooh, not wishing to detract for one second on what's been built here, damn fine, but here's a shot of that Ullstein build. I think it's worth seeing. The clever thing is that they've built a sort of frame that's fixed in place and largely accessible through the side windows. It's all storage and whatnot. But, the whole floor pulls out on a slide like I have in the Hilux leaving the frame behind of course. This maximises the space in the back of the vehicle. Total cost including the fridge, water tanks, water heater, fridge and the metal hard top canopy was E8000. Picture doesn't do it justice. There's a cooker that pulls out, a sink, shower, electric water heater, cupboards and get this, an espresso machine. Plus an inverter and various plugs and sockets from the leisure battery. All the cabling was on that multi link cable rail stuff. I liked it. Much of the stuff was built onto its own slider too, so the base slid out and then the cupboards and fridge all slid out again.

Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 18.18.04.jpg

That Orxy Solutions stuff looks nice. Might make the new cubby box outta that.

And to add total overkill to the mix, but rather good though, I found this

Back