Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oopsss hope not a member on here

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40753884

IMG_3093.PNG

Crikey that was some load to be towing behind a car and not on a low loader. The Cruiser obviously didn't have any trouble getting it there.

Blimey that must be 6-8 ton, someone is going to get their collar felt for towing that with an 80

Isn't it a hundee Pete? Or has the time come for me to visit Specsavers? Whatever it is that certainly looks like far too big a load to be towing with a car trailer.

Holy moly! A hundie has no bother getting a load that big moving, but sudden braking or snaking is a totally different matter.. looks like the truck stayed upright and nobody got hurt, which is the main thing

Reminds me of a guy over here who decided to move a steerable drawbar cattle trailer (one used behind a lorry), but he had no lorry... He used a dual wheel transit with a compressor on board for the air brakes.. rather unsurprisingly the venture ended up in a field 50 metres off the dual carriageway.

Crikey that was some load to be towing behind a car and not on a low loader. The Cruiser obviously didn't have any trouble getting it there.

I've pulled trucks up to 26t out of tricky situations with both the 80 and the Hundie, I've got to say though, the Hundie did it easier.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've pulled trucks up to 26t out of tricky situations with both the 80 and the Hundie, I've got to say though, the Hundie did it easier.
Ah yes I can imagine that but towing legally was what I was referring to Andy. That makes me think of the VW V10 Touareg pulling the 747. Loads of weight needed in the back as ballast.

Years ago, early '70's, I used to tow a little 2-berth sail-boat with my modified 1955 A30.

The boat and trailer weighed in at a fair bit over a ton, and the A30 I would guess, was not much over 1/2 a ton.

The police never bothered with me, and because the A30 had all the engine, transmission, suspension and brakes etc., from an MG Midget, it pulled it and stopped it, no bother.

The trailer had simple mechanical rod- linked over-run brakes (that I got working really well, but I used to pay a lot of attention to the tow-ball weight, and the position of the boat on the single-axle trailer, because if that thing started to steer me, I'd have been in deep doo-doo.

I took it everywhere, including the road from Birmingham - Oswestry -Knockin - Llanfyllin, and over the Berwens to Bala. (If I've remembered those place names correctly).

Never had an issue...

Back