Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Orange diff light . How do turn I it off please

Oh! and Kieron, STOP pressing Buttons...... :lol: ..... Glad its sorted

That is a good deal. I’ve been charged £450 for a full service like that on my Hilux when under warranty. So this year I did it myself now it’s well out of warranty.

If that quote turns out to be too good to be true I can give you the name of a man around the corner from there who will do a good job on it.

Hi Jacob
Burrows did the work but I would like to know the guy around the corners number for future reference. Burrows always cut me an exceptional deal on servicing. But I guess they will charge me a fortune for anything else they find needs doing. I usually get a shit list as long as your arm....strange that as I always have it mot d prior to taking it to them . But I would like my AC working if only in the front . Cheers kieron

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Since it's not mentioned - the service might have missed out on the most crucial lube points on these cars:
  1. Grease the 3 points on each propeller shaft every 5 k. Otherwise your UJs won't last long.
  2. Repack the front wheel bearings every 30 k. The front wheel bearings are lifetime (nearly) on the heavy duty land cruisers, but they do need adjustment and lubrication. Most dealers/garages don't bother, as they make more money on selling you new ones when they fail.
  3. Grease the spindle bearings (on the stub axle / drive shaft inside the front hubs), also every 30 k. (Same comment as for the wheel bearings)
For all these three points, they need more frequent lube if severe conditions, like fording, very wet, very hot or frequent towing.

For the air filter, if it's a diesel with the cyclone filter, the filter is "for life" (nearly). Just wash and rinse, shake it drip free, and drive it dry. Change when rust kills it.

Many thanks for the advice ill get the grease gun out

Back