Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Out with the old, in with the new

So, done 40 miles in it so far and very happy.
Drive is much nicer that my 120 was on road. Was doing 100 without realising it.

Quick comparison to the tourarag, the vw is more isolated. It's much more car-like than the LC. (Not a complaint, just obsivation)

Got most of the toys one needs; Radio, cd shuttle, hard drive for mp3s, trip info etc.
Sound system and sound is amazing!

Don't have any non-scratchy lanes around here were i can play so will have to wait for Lincomb.

one very impressive thing is the lack of body roll. Has some gadgetry which stiffens the ARB if two wheels move up or down at the same time bur relaxes it if only one. The result is very very little roll goung round round-a-bouts.

So far, very happy.

No mods folks. Close the book (for about a year)

Oh!!

It comes with an invertor built in to the boot!

Looks great Crispin :thumbup: Congratulations! Many happy adventures a head. I reckon you'll have enough fun with it just as Mr T has spec'd it. You must have a grin from ear to ear, we all know the feel good factor when we get a new toy. Enjoy!

Nice one Crispin, glad to see you stuck with a LC. I was worried you were going to end up with a VW!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well done Crispin.

A brand new car to get muddy and scratch up...:clap: (sorry!)

Has to be tyres... a nice set of 35s should do the trick for a wet and snowy winter :whistle:

If you get lonely in the 150 section, you can go and talk to Dannyson on tlocuk site

I guess it won't be long before Dannyson heads this way.

He's hung out there long enough.
His penance is paid.

Gra.

Well done crispin, i'm glad you stuck with toyota
haven't really read good reports on Tuareg, reliability issues apparently
I am with JW on tires

Well done Crispin. I was wondering what you might be replacing the 120 with, glad you made a sound choice. So if anyone wants a 120 with a few mods should give Simon?

Does this one come with dunflops as well:whistle:

Go on Gra, invite him to come over and join us. I dare you.
Ha, ha, ha,

I bet you my 3 reprimands to your none reprimands,

Think I will let you go first on that one,
I dare you.

Gra.

I am a member of the friendly, helpful LC forum. I have no inclination to visit any others. Besides if this one is being monitored I doubt I would be accepted as a member.

Not sure where my 120 will end up Rob. It's off the the auctions, let's hope it finds a good home and makes its way back here.

So with all the rain we had last night, I went down via the local stream, which floods when a hedgehog pees in it, to pick up my daughter. It's a magnet I tell ya!
Nothing more than rim deep flooding this morning so only able to make a few splashes.
I. Will. Not. Mod. It.

All in all, really chuffed with how it drives. A few "weird" feelings in drive train but guessing that's because it's still sub 100 miles on the clock.

One thing I noticed though, gear changes are, if driving normally, hardly noticeable except for 1st to 2nd. That, most of the time, lets you know you've changed gear. All other changes are very smooth. Having not had a "normal" auto before, I don't really know what to expect from them.

It also gets a bit undecided when climbing a hill. It seems to want to keep in a low gear and then kicks down when it gets a bit sluggish. Once it livens up, it then changes again and seems rather indecisive on what it really wants.

Who's this DannySon chap? I doubt my account still works over there, might even be rigged up to a big alarm bell.

Very nice - congratulations Crispin. :clap:

Glad to see you've stuck with the brand. :icon-biggrin:

Back