Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2018

Why; number 8 you honour us. But I suspect you may not be in Cruiser ...

Oh contrare Rodders... My 80 is mid Suez as we speak!

The "other one" will still be in build.

Ahh this time next year..

1. Karl holly
2. Nick
3. Trev (possibly with Tom in a truck as well)
4. Chris - but probably April only
5. KB - but probably Sept only
6. AM (Darren) - poss. Fri night only in Apr, but definitely all Sept.
7. Rosy
8. Lazz
9. Chas - but probably April only

Just been trying to navigate the booking options on Tom's website. Christ if ever there was a way to make things more difficult then he'd find it. If you want to go straight to the ticket booking agent and a slightly simpler booking option then here's a link.

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/venue/EKDJJJ

1. Karl holly
2. Nick
6. AM (Darren) - poss. Fri night only in Apr, but definitely all Sept.
7. Rosy
8. Lazz
10. Rich, won’t be April though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just been trying to navigate the booking options on Tom's website. Christ if ever there was a way to make things more difficult then he'd find it. If you want to go straight to the ticket booking agent and a slightly simpler booking option then here's a link.

TBH I'm still puzzling over why Tom is trying to run two events this year given running one seemed beyond the team's organisation skills. Better to have applied much more effort in making September run properly before stretching to two events. Or is that just me??

1. Karl holly
2. Nick
6. AM (Darren) - September only
7. Rosy
8. Lazz
10. Rich, won’t be April though.

Do we just buy the normal 4 wheel camping tickets and then work out how to get to the stand once we arrive? Will there be enough space on the stand for me to bring the camp trailer too?

It's a race course Grant. It's mahoosive. People rock up with 18 wheel Russian military vehicles.
Get your own ticket and we will hopefully have a club stand sorted which allows you to drive inside the course.

The marshals are Neanderthals and every year we have the same problems with them. Karl seems t0 know Tom quite well now and getting a pitch is usually well sorted. But, then they come along with sticks and flags and measure it all out -once we're set up! Last year they were measuring into the night. I had to move my set up. But they didn't mark it all out in advance - it's chaos every single year. The entire camp site and show only takes up about a quarter of the circuit so why it's necessary to mark out little plots is a mystery. What they want, effectively are aisles with a frontage. That's fine if you are a stand with stuff to sell but if you're 20 Landcruisers then you can't fit many in a 6 meter width slot. But, the lanes are as long as you like so we just spill out into the infield wherever we like. I just happened to have parked 500mm into the next lane which frankly given that I picked the spot from memory isn't bad! Moral is, get there as early as you can, park away from the lanes and wait until the pantomime has finished then park up.

It's a race course Grant. It's mahoosive. People rock up with 18 wheel Russian military vehicles.
Get your own ticket and we will hopefully have a club stand sorted which allows you to drive inside the course.

Awesome - Thanks Chris.

We might be able to take the Friday off work so looking forward to the pantomime to a few cold ones.

1. Karl holly
2. Nick
7. Rosy
8. Lazz
10. Rich, won’t be April though
11. Grant - April Only

The marshals are Neanderthals and every year we have the same problems with them. Karl seems t0 know Tom quite well now and getting a pitch is usually well sorted. But, then they come along with sticks and flags and measure it all out -once we're set up! Last year they were measuring into the night. I had to move my set up. But they didn't mark it all out in advance - it's chaos every single year. The entire camp site and show only takes up about a quarter of the circuit so why it's necessary to mark out little plots is a mystery. What they want, effectively are aisles with a frontage. That's fine if you are a stand with stuff to sell but if you're 20 Landcruisers then you can't fit many in a 6 meter width slot. But, the lanes are as long as you like so we just spill out into the infield wherever we like. I just happened to have parked 500mm into the next lane which frankly given that I picked the spot from memory isn't bad! Moral is, get there as early as you can, park away from the lanes and wait until the pantomime has finished then park up.

I thought everyone was banned after last year's "you went out the wrong gate" debacle ;-)

No, no, no, no, no. Absolutely not. Never. Nope.

Well we might be. But as Tom can't remember where he parked his orange Disco, he's unlikely to recall that minor infringement.

1. Karl holly
2. Nick
7. Rosy
8. Lazz
10. Rich, won’t be April though
11. Grant - April Only
12. Sam

I’ll have to remember to bring your glass with me if you’re going to the September show Sam.

So guys. We are on only a couple of weeks away. This list below is for the April show. Is there anyone else coming for the weekend camp?
1. Karl holly
2. Nick
5. Chas
6. Rosy
7. Lazz
8. grant
9. Sam
10.james

Like last year I will need for people to keep their money and go in on free tickets and I will put all the names who are camping all weekend into a hat and draw at the show. The people who need to pay me when we are at the camp pitch will be.
1.karl
2.nick
3.trev
4.james

Last edited:
Back