Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2018

Managed to lift a drain cover for the other end but have also entred her for the next ploughing copetition i got me a Connie County

If anybody attending the show on Saturday wants 20 or so 4WDaction DVDs plus a couple from land cruiser club SA let me know and i'll bring them along. Giving them away.

You must be there by now @Trevor? Are we camping in the usual bit or in the after thought bit like the last one?

Not left yet, be a couple of hours before I do

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any pitches left? Hoping to be up there late afternoon.

Jacob

We are just on the Eurotunnel now heading over. Looks like only one night for us. Has anyone managed to negotiate one night camping with a reduced rate?

I've arrived. So When you come in, cross the racetrack and register in the reception tent. We are the Landcruiser Club camping (no designation on the field, I was told to pick a spot where other clubs are grouped). Drive from the tent to a gravel track that ends with a couple of gateposts. There will probably be another Marshall there, at the gate posts look in the 2 O clock direction and we are just in front of a blue land rover 110 Doublecab pickup. There are 3 free tickets which will be given out at the reception tent. Those who get them, please pay me for the weekend camping and then all names attending will go into a raffle, 4 winners will get their money refunded.

It's bloomin windy, awnings will be fun.

Well. We were there and got turned away. Looking for somewhere else to stay and will be back tomorrow for the daytime.

We are on the site by the racecourse entrance. We’ll pop over for a chineag later. Hopefully one of you will have a fire lit.

Last edited:
All settled in, barbecue nice and warm, 3 hours after lighting the 15 minute ready charcoal and having given up and cooked on the Coleman.

Brought Eleanor with us.
B119A87B-6825-4A89-A136-496032EA62F5.jpeg

Otherwise known as the Cursed Smart Car. Been quite well behaved as it happens. :)

Good to see Trev, Rosy, Carl, Nick, Steve and son and meet Marie and Jacob (who seems to have brought the Village Hall with him).
And the wind has died down so hopefully a good night … thank goodness!

Wherever we parked the smoke from Trev’s wood burner was bound to find us, and it did! Only for the wind to change direction so that the smoke from our own barbecue filled the awning. Some things never change.

Last edited:
hows it going? tried to find u guys but no luck, though I admit I didn't go hunting around every corner but did seem like the show has gone abit backwards since my 1st visit in 16. less organised plotting and vendors, couldn't see the jeep club either this year and they usually always had a decent pitch and plot location.

Can’t disagree with that Russ. Shame you didn’t find us.

For anyone else, we are in a different spot to last year. Not so far along and further towards the back of the course. There’s some owls and falcons on a stand in the main drag. Walk down the right hand side of their stand and keep going. Most of our trucks are shrouded in fox wings, Batwings and other types of awning so aren’t immediately visible but keep going straight from the owls and you’ll come to us.

Last edited:
ye, I did overhear someone telling the turos magazine chap that it seems to be turning into a landrover show, wud be a shame to see our only overland focused show get a bad direction just when it seems the scene itself is gaining momentum here. and I was watching them birds lol, prob looked right right past u guys then haha, enjoy the rest tomoz.

It was a good day, as others have said, the display stands were disorganized compared to previous years. Don’t get me started on the general organization of the show...

On the upside, picked up some interesting bits of kit, but more importantly Mrs AM and I got to meet some if you wonderful people and have a good laugh. Thank you for the warmth of your fires and the warmth of your company.

Back