Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overlander!!

This was on the forum not so long ago with the owner wanting (but not really) to sell it. Can't remember what he did with it but it was a very tidy truck...

It was not that expensive when it was on last time. i think he wants somebody to pay for the trip he has just done.
Stu

Give the guy a break !

Guys,

Try first buying a decent LC80, and then add the cost actually building it for serious overland travel rather than just the odd green lane.
Even if you do ALL of the work yourself and never sub it out to "professionals".....see if you can do it for less than 15K!

How much do you think he would get for all the mods if he broke the truck - 2 or 3 grand maybe ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys,

Try first buying a decent LC80, and then add the cost actually building it for serious overland travel rather than just the odd green lane.
Even if you do ALL of the work yourself and never sub it out to "professionals".....see if you can do it for less than 15K!

I have to agree, I think its not a bad price. As for spliting all the parts, I do not think it amount to the same price.

It does look like a nice truck. It would break my heart to build up a truck like this and then be compelled to sell it.

On another note, is it my eyesight or is there a strange gap between the screen edge of the bonnet and the top of the bulkhead? It looks like the hinges need adjustment. Things like that would annoy me no end if it was my truck! :?

It does look like a nice truck. It would break my heart to build up a truck like this and then be compelled to sell it.

On another note, is it my eyesight or is there a strange gap between the screen edge of the bonnet and the top of the bulkhead? It looks like the hinges need adjustment. Things like that would annoy me no end if it was my truck! :?

Maybe he's raised the rear edge to allow more air flow and improve cooling? :think:

Maybe he's raised the rear edge to allow more air flow and improve cooling? :think:

That's what it looks like to me, however I've been told in the past not to bother as it often disrupts airflow to the extent that it makes the cooling more inefficient. Could just be a load of rollocks mind.

I think that there is another factor that we dont really take into account, altho its been mentioned a couple of times recently.

Buying a 2nd hand truck outside UK/ROI is a far more expensive business - I looked at a couple of 95 series in Portugal, similar age to mine - £12000 (euros, dont have the symbol!)

So this truck in mainland europe will always be more expensive than here.

Pete

Interesting to come across this thread! This is my truck, so after reading a few comments I felt compelled to reply, so here goes..

Raised bonnet: Bought it like this, its on pretty solid spacers, apparenty for airflow. Never had any issues. Could easily be removed though.

Thanks Rollence, Shayne, Paul H etc for coming up for me re price. I spent a %/% load on preparing this vehicle and adding equipment - which is all being sold with the truck. The listing details all the recovery equipment, fridge, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. I've done some very expensive mechanical work before I left on my trip and after to make sure she is and stays in tip top shape. I've been looking after this truck like a baby, she is brilliant and I'll stick my head out there and say you'll be hard pressed to find anything else like it. In short, for those so worried about the price.. she's not for you then.

Feel free to ask me any questions you like, I'll be happy to answer as best I could.

I think that there is another factor that we dont really take into account, altho its been mentioned a couple of times recently.

Buying a 2nd hand truck outside UK/ROI is a far more expensive business - I looked at a couple of 95 series in Portugal, similar age to mine - £12000 (euros, dont have the symbol!)

So this truck in mainland europe will always be more expensive than here.

Pete

Exactly Wobbly... I've seen worse trucks going for more, without the added overlanding equipment. Refer to my post below (or above;)

By the way, it seems the Swiss do not like loud vehicles and is making it almost imposssible to import this cruiser. I am moving to La Cote de Lac Leman (Morges) in a few weeks and need to let this go. So if you're up for a bargain, I'm the one to exploit at this stage.

Bern, surely you could have it for 12 months in Switzerland before you had to transfer any registration?

For those interested in overlanding, there is the overlander show at the racecourse, Stratford upon Avon between 28-29th September.

Roger

Back