Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Part time 4wd and factory lockers

Brown34

HI WHEN I GOT MY 80 IT HAD PART TIME 4WD INSTALED AND WHEN I ASKED THE GUY THAT SOLD IT TO ME IF THE ACTORY LOCKERS ORKED HESAID BECAUSE OF THE PART TIME 4WD WAS INSTALLED THEY DONT WORK ANY MORE OR CANT BE CONECTED IS THIS TRUE OR CAN IT BE FIXED SO THEY WORK AGAIN

CHEERS IN ADVANCE ON ANY HELP ON THIS
:icon-biggrin:

I was talking to my mate from Holland Laurence and he was saying that the HZJ80 produced for Denmark, Africa and Australia had 2wd transfer cases on the H151 gearbox.
You have front locking hubs and a manual 4wd change more like a 60 series.

If it came with part time 4wd and diff locks from the factory then they should work. Obviously there will be no CD lock as there's no CD (centre diff) but thats no reason not to have front and rear lockers. If the car has been converted to part time 4wd from permanent 4wd then there may well be wiring issues as the CD lock has to be locked first before the F and R locks will operate. If this is the case I would think it should be easy enough to sort with a dash mounted switch replacing the diff lock position switch from the missing CD, assuming the wiring has been simply unplugged and left in situ along with the ECU etc. JMO

Back