Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Patriot Roof Rack 90 Series

DaveWall

Hello all - I've picked up a 2nd hand Patriot Roof rack (I shouldn't say it - but one previously used on a Discovery 2/3)

Just wondered if anyone else had made up 90 series brackets for the Patriot System, I'm making some up today - I'll post pictures later

I have found that the 90 Series LC is Substancially narrower than the Disco (at the top) and also that the 90 Series LC is wider between the roof rails at the front (windscreen end) than at the back... Strange

Dave

Ooh, jammy swine. Looking forward to the pics.

Chris

It does look like a serious bit of kit - Might even hold the 50cal you want on yours!

It is clearly well made - stainless bolts all countersunk, all machined alloy bits etc.

I phoned Patriot to ask about some proper legs for the 90 and they said you have to swap the cross bars at £30 each (there are 4 of them) then buy the 90 series legs for £125 all plus vat so I am making up my own legs.

The guy at Patriot was excellent - first class service and helped me with telling me the best way to make up the adaptor feet etc (he knew straight away about the shape of the gutter on the 90 series LC (Didn't know the exact dimensions though :p)

Will defo get some pics up here later.

Dave

My LC

P3270098.jpg

The Rack Stripped down to just the bed

P3270106.jpg

The Rack Edge

P3270108-1.jpg

The Landrover Discovery Legs

P3270109.jpg

On the Vehicle

P3280121.jpg

The Brackets - Pink so you can see what we had to make up

P3280117.jpg

Dave

Nice rack Dave

I also like the marker lights, you're not a trucker by any chance :?:
You'll be able to put high level markers on the rack now :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm not, but I think the previous owner may have been :)

The Lady indoors has now gone and picked a Maggiolina Roof Top Tent with hard bottom and Top so I'm in a dilema around keeping the rack on the truck or not - it's already been super useful, and doesn't make a noise below 60mph

Above 60mph you can hear it, but for some reason it makes less noise than the two roof bars I had on there a while back???

Dave

oh nice.....

Well I am sure it will sell in no time at all if you opt for the tent...

Bet that would look just right on top of a 100 ;)

As you've gutters on yours, you may want to think about a Mk II mounting, that has 4 or even 6 legs per side going to a long runner that fits in the entire gutter section on the roof - spreads the load a lot better, and is stronger too.

my 2p worth - otherwise, very nice - those are damn expensive racks when bought new!

Back