Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Performance of HDJ101 Engine 1HD Diesel 4163 land cruiser

jojo_net4

Country Flag
mozambique
Hi,
I'm worry about the performance of my LC 100 series. I used to travel 150km from my place, and the performance of my land cruiser is fine. But when I'm back, after 60km the power of the Lc start to gradual reduce until the car run at 10-20km/h. evenwhen I acelerate nothing change. to recover I have to stop long our to cool down the engine and restart. I don't know what is hpanening, I have replaced all filters and clean the fuel circuits but nothing changed.

Can you please help.

In other hand in the instrument cluster the light new switch on. can you inform how I can find spare instrument cluster?

Regards

Jorge

Welcome aboard :thumbup:.

It sounds as though you have a blocked breather in the fuel filler cap/tube. A vacuum is forming and stopping the diesel flowing to the pump.

When it starts to slow down, stop and open the filler cap. If there is a noticeable 'HISS' as the air goes in that is likely to be the cause of the problem. You may find that it runs OK after letting the air in.

Let us know how you get on with it :icon-cool: .

Bob.

Talking about fuel - have you also cleaned the pick-up filter in the tank? It sometimes gets clogged up so much that it can not deliver enough fuel.

Talking about fuel - have you also cleaned the pick-up filter in the tank? It sometimes gets clogged up so much that it can not deliver enough fuel.

Failing that, what about the under bonnet fuel filter, has that been changed recently? (assuming there is one like on my 80 that is).

Back