1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phoenix auto bulbs

Crispin Mar 4, 2010

1. Crispin

Crispin Administrator Staff Member Guru I am in great_britain

Map
    As mentioned previously, I bought some NightBreaker H4s from Phoenix Auto Bulbs. (www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk) in December. Last week, within a week, they both fused. One had a melted element and happened while driving, the other had a broken element and happened as I drove off the pavement in my drive.

A quick email to the shop and they said while the bulbs had a shorter life than normal, 3 months is possibly on the light side. I have colleagues who have used them for about a year without issues.

Anyway, the good side of it all, they are sending me out two replacement bulbs. Pretty good customer service :)

Curious to see how long the new ones last...

Cheers,
    Crispin

2. TonyP

TonyP Super Moderator Supporter I am in uk

Map
    They do sound quite good. Out of interest what did a set cost you?

3. Crispin

Crispin Administrator Staff Member Guru I am in great_britain

Map
    For two, it was £18.99 IIRC. They have a better throw and more "defined" light where it does fall. Does it light up further away? Not really but I put that down to reflector design - it won't cast light where it cannot.

4. TonyP

TonyP Super Moderator Supporter I am in uk

Map
    Thanks, that's about the same price I paid elsewhere when I bought a set for my car and discover the car used H7's instead of H4's. Never thought of fitting them to the LC and as a result have been sat in a box somewhere.... Well that's another mod that I "can" do :lol:

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter