Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Plasma winch rope

Odds on that David Bowyer will sell without a hook.

Why dont you just cut one off if not needed? - just use heavy duty electrical shrink wrap or a naked flame to stop fraying ends?
Roger I still want to add a Factor 55 Prolink to the end so I need the Loop, but will drop them an email cheers

They do some nice kit, I like the look of the rear receiver shackle point.

They do some nice kit, I like the look of the rear receiver shackle point.
It was my annual trip to the states with work, so had a few bits and bobs to bring back, including one of those 2" rear receiver and a 1" hawse fairlead, and a new set of pocket flares from a guy on mud, bloody big box!! But no shipping cost!!!

Cut it off? CUT IT OFF? Errm, just un splice it. You could also try Winch-it solutions on e bay. I've bought ropes from them or try English Braids. DB as suggested by Roger will certainly sell Dyneema with no hooks.

Cut it off? CUT IT OFF? Errm, just un splice it. You could also try Winch-it solutions on e bay. I've bought ropes from them or try English Braids. DB as suggested by Roger will certainly sell Dyneema with no hooks.

I would have thought if you're going to cut anything, you should cut the steel of the hook to release the bobbin.

The bobbin is needed for the ProLink so I'd be very reluctant to disturb it.

Yes was thing about just cutting but worried my re-splice might not be up to it, although watched some instructions on the 2 best options for re-splice

I would have thought if you're going to cut anything, you should cut the steel of the hook to release the bobbin.

The bobbin is needed for the ProLink so I'd be very reluctant to disturb it.
Yes that was my thoughts but how easy would it to cut off the hook??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Easy, you'd do it with a hacksaw. Save messing with a new rope, be a shame to
spoil it IMO.

My plasma came with a hook with a big gudgeon pin, held in place with a split pin.

Back