Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Possible 'Norton Antivirus Scam' ??

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
Folks, Has anyone else had an e-mail thanking them for placing an order for Norton anti-virus - 3 year contract for $499.99 ??

It says it will debit my 'Credit Card' (no details given).

If I want to cancel the contract - phone this number < an American one > which appears to be invalid when I put it into various 'phone tracking' sites.

I don't use Norton and neither of us have clicked on anything that looks like a link.

I only have one Credit Card, there is nothing showing up yet, but I'll be watching it.

I assume that if I get through to them they'll be wanting my card details so they can cancel the order . . . . . . . !

The originating e-mail address purports to be:- [email protected]

Curious.

Bob.

Got scam written all over that Bob, especially the email address.

I'd ignore it, if you've not engaged with them I don't think anything will come out of your account, just the usual phishing attempt.

Ignore .I occasionally get messages asking for a time to deliver my ordered parcels but being as you need a 4x4 in low box to get up to my cabin I ignore them :tearsofjoy: I developed a useful technique in the early days of the internet when I had a bored and severely unemployed boss at HQ . Ignore the mobile & email & eventually the land line would ring if it was actually important or a fax would arrive :tearsofjoy:

Bob, as others said it’s a scam. I have Norton on I pad, iPhone and laptops and still have few more pending accounts on same subscription which i gave it to friends.
1. I don’t exactly remember how much it was but definitely less than 100£ Per year for few devices. NOT 499.99£
2. Their emails I have are all from @Norton.com not gmail etc

another phishing/hacking emails I get constantly n get filtered out are from my close friends. Someone uses our friends names and sends these links

Attachments

• 64129932-09C6-4FAC-90C0-F4D55F1EBC7C.jpeg
    64129932-09C6-4FAC-90C0-F4D55F1EBC7C.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 21
Everything seams to be a scam these days unless you have actually asked for it. If the worst happens you can get a refund anyway.
I get phone calls from "Amazom Prime". I tell them Alha is watching and they then tell me to -uck off.

:) . I too should use this idea for carphone warehouse calls. I get such calls from carphone warehouse and accident claims. With accident claims callers I am always very polite as it’s their job n don’t want to make their day bad. However these carphone warehouse guys r real scam, very rude n make my day bad.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys,

I had a slight concern as my one-and-only Credit Card is set up for e-Bay payments - and Mrs M had been buying toys for Grandkids under my log-on ID earlier in the day. I thought that:

1. Either, she had clicked on an advert somewhere and accidently bought the software

or

2. They had intercepted the transactions somehow and charged something to my card.

Nothing showing against the card today so I'll relax and keep watching.

Bob.

I am actually amazed you would pick up the phone when it rings, and the caller ID is not already on your phone contact list. Why do something as horrific as that??

Back