Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Potential Purchase.... help needed.

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Guys, Im looking at this 80 and top side/motor /gearbox all seems fine, however the underside looks like this.

None of my cars have ever got to this state, so a a little concerned that all may not be too healthy.
Please give me your collective wisdom on this.. am being too concerned over little??

additionalcruiser010.jpg

additionalcruiser011.jpg

additionalcruiser012.jpg

Looks very similar to mine. I do have problems on the rear axle with smaller bolts seizing though. Nothing I would be worried about. Should really do something about it before it gets out of control.

As rob said lazz. Chasie will be fine.Ive never seen a rotten 80 one yet. The exhaust looks a little on the worse side so may be worth costing up new front to back inc cats. Unless you went for a stainless system.

karl

Just looks like 2 decades of salty British winters. Not structural. But would need a full go through on bushes and general suspension consumables I'd think.

Chris

It does look a bit on the crusty side to me especially round the body mount brackets but it's nothing that can't be treated if the price is right?

Ok, tops chaps!! Thanks for the prompt advice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nothing clearly wrong there,

Just surface rust.

Gut wire brushing in strategic places, adn the applied preventive of your choice.

Gra.

Nothing clearly wrong there,

Just surface rust.

Good wire brushing in strategic places, and the applied preventive of your choice.

Gra.

Mine looks the same too.Did you manage to have a good look around the back wheel arches? Mine has 2 small holes on either side (not critical so I'm Ok but will need to be looked at). I didn't find them when I bought the 80 but now that the 2 inch lift is on you can spot them although you need to kind of get your head inside the arch and then look back.

Back