Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Problem, Urgent help appreciated

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys got my new turbo replacement to fit on my vehicle soon.

The question I am concerned with is the fact the old turbo waste gate stopped working due to oil filling up in it. Also the turbo was on its way out in terms of performance and the centre coils moving from left to right.

Does oil flow to the turbo or is there a problem elsewhere. I would hate to damage the new turbo because of problem elsewhere.

I do know the engine is healthy without loosing oil and pressure is also normal.

I have been told the new turbo will not have the same problem but still not sure.

All opinions welcomed and appreciated.

Hi, Did the oil fill up inside the actuator bolted to the outside of the turbo, If so you have more than likely a crank case breather blockage or a vacuum pump problem..

Dave.

It would seem that the engine is blowing on the breather pipe somewhat so I have ben told and seen this to be true. What does this mean?
I have also have the vehicle not wanting to go faster than 120km. Could this be another reason to do with the engine?

Or could the fuel pump be the problem area?

P.s fitted a new turbo today so I know the limited top speed is not to do with this.

Thanks

Back