Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PROJECT 90 ALMOST DONE

PETE BELL

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
its just about done, ready for kirton camping weekend april.

13032011530.jpg

13032011529.jpg

13032011524.jpg

13032011532.jpg

064.jpg

063.jpg

just make one , u will need:
9 inch grinder
sledgehammer
welder
lotsa ££££££££££££££££
and a very helpful bird...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grinder :thumbup:

Bird,not at the min,wasnt right :thumbdown:

money :thumbdown:

Doesnt look like i can build one then :thumbdown:

Pete, that is totally Bad Ass. Greta job. I like that it even has luggage room. Handy for those family airport runs :lol: :lol:

Did you get a front locker in there too?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow! :shock: :clap:

The arrival/departure angles look a bit too shallow to me.. ;)

No front locker Cris i dont think im goin to bother with fittin one. O MAN i would love to drive it into Glasgow airport they would prob start shootin at me. I think if i have probs wi the front axle/trans im going to swap both axles, cos the front diff is on the near side it may be Jeep axles i have to use but only after a load of research. what u think Cris(input input) cheers :thumbup:

Slap some 80 axles [strike:1c0s2m6s]on[/strike:1c0s2m6s] under it Pete :cool:

that would be ideal but i think the 80 front axle has the diff to the off side and my 90 has it on the near side so to use 80 gear the front propshaft would have to cross under the engine/gearbox and that wont do, i think all other TOYOTA front live axles are like the 80 ie hilux and 70 series but to b honest im not sure :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nah, come on Pete, don't quit now. Look, I knocked this one up in my lunch break. :whistle:

CanDoColorado.jpg

Chris

Nice work Christof!!! :lol:

Paul at WC4x4 in Southport has done the 80 axles under SWB 90 - I can't remember the whole conversion though :oops: They certainly did more than just 'throw them under' though... Might be worth a call for a brain-pick ;)

PETE BELL said:
that would be ideal but i think the 80 front axle has the diff to the off side and my 90 has it on the near side so to use 80 gear the front propshaft would have to cross under the engine/gearbox and that wont do, i think all other TOYOTA front live axles are like the 80 ie hilux and 70 series but to b honest im not sure :thumbup: :thumbup:

:think: Could fit a gearbox/transfer case from a 70 to combat that problem, all the light duty diesel 70 series use the same block as the diesel 90 so stands to reason the gearboxes are interchangable..

Just to come back to the 80 axles breily, I was talking to Paul this afternoon & when they did the SWB 90 onto 80 axles, they dropped in a 4-Runner gearbox to meet the diff positions.

He advised that it is a very involved process & needs the steeringbox adding too...

They did it for a customer who never came back to pay so they ended up parting the truck out to recoup costs... Some folk eh?

Gary Stockton said:
or some Volvo portal axles :)

I've seen those on a LandRover (I think it was a Series III).

Great increase in ground clearance, not sure about the gearing though.

I have Portal Axles on my 1976 Zetor Tractor - but they are geared down about 5:1 and the drive is reversed :lol: .

Bob.

Cheers guys swap gearbox and 80 axles sounds about the best plan at the moment, i can see me spending loads o time lying under other peoples yotas quite soon :thumbup: :thumbup: any pics of portal axles :thumbup: :thumbup:

cheers Gary interesting stuff :think: i think they could be expensive :character-willie:

Back