Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Question about engine replacement

Adrian North said:
Geordie-bot - many thanks for your replies to my stupid question - it is really appreciated. What I need to do now is go and think about what to do - well that and ask the financial advisor (i.e. the wife :) ) about how much money we have - the (new radiator) I have is from Roughtrax - would the one you mentioned be a genuine Toyota part? Also where/what is an automatic gearbox cooler? Sorry that is another dumb question but is you are ever in this neck of the woods please drop in and I'll buy you a pint (or two :) )

Adrian

The main radiator has a inlet for the automatic gearbox coolant to flow through, which is located right at the bottom of the radiator. This is a bit of a issue as over time the rad deteriorates and water gets mixed in with the coolant which then goes into the gearbox and kills it. It also puts more strain on the actual cooling system as the main rad has to cool the engine as well as the gearbox. Some people add an additional cooler if doing large amount of towing.

Beau said:
The main radiator has a inlet for the automatic gearbox coolant to flow through, which is located right at the bottom of the radiator. This is a bit of a issue as over time the rad deteriorates and water gets mixed in with the coolant which then goes into the gearbox and kills it. It also puts more strain on the actual cooling system as the main rad has to cool the engine as well as the gearbox. Some people add an additional cooler if doing large amount of towing.

Beau, thanks for the explanation.

Adrian

Back