Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick question about oxygen sensors

Aaron93LC

Country Flag
united_states
Hi all. My 93 told me that I need to replace the #2 oxygen sensor. I can't seem to find anything to tell me which one that is, and with the price of the things I want to make sure I replace the right one. Could someone tell me which one is #1 and which is #2? Thanks for the help!

Has it got 2? Only got 1 on my 97 which is fitted just before the cat convertor.

Has it got 2? Only got 1 on my 97 which is fitted just before the cat convertor.

You know, I never thought about it. The code said #2 so I assumed there were two. I'll have to go under the truck and look. I may be about to feel very foolish.

Hi Arron, just adding for what it`s worth, many moons ago on a cavalier cdi, engine management light came on, plugged in at vauxhall agent, came up as 02 oxygen sensor, 02 obviously oxygen symbol, maybe this is what it`s trying to tell you, rather than 2 of.

John

I'm guessing you are correct. I may also have assumed there were two because the 03 Dodge Dakota I just worked on had two that needed replacing. THAT is a job I never want to do again. This looks to be much, much easier.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, it would be except the nuts seem to have corroded into a shapeless mess. I forgot my Cruiser used to live near the ocean. Oops!

Last edited:
Back