Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

quick question ...

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys/gals .. what leds will replace my non working dash bulbs?? ... ta muchly .. carl

Hi guys/gals .. what leds will replace my non working dash bulbs?? ... ta muchly .. carl

Most shops just punch your numberplate into a computer to get a parts list (which happens to be a pain in the arse when you want a black thing and the computer says its silver !

go to Halfords is the easiest option .

the bulbs have 158 3T on them ... i didn't want standard bulbs though ... i want leds

I just wanted a spare bulb set for headlights etc coz i believe police cannot charge you for a light not working if you carry a spare , (a court cannot expect every individual to be a mechanic or at least thats what a mate who also happens to be a copper told me) . Halfords just punched in my numberplate and offered a set of leds as a matter of course , they are more expensive obviously so more profitable . I stuck to standard bulbs coz my truck sits so high i can dazzle oncoming traffic at low beam on the lowest setting !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the bulbs have 158 3T on them ... i didn't want standard bulbs though ... i want leds

I realise you want LED's but by giving me the ref. no. on your original bulb, I was hoping to cross reference it with new style LED bulbs. The use of LED's in Europe is confined to the interior bulbs on a car, ie general interior lights, map reading, foot well and boot. Only cars that have a specifically designed lamp and LED bulb set-up's can have them externally fitted as OE.

Saying that, your ref. no. does not correlate with the info. I have from Osram, so your best bet is either a motor factor or Halfords. I would suggest you take one of your original bulbs with you as a ref. point.

Roger

I think the 4 main dash bulbs are these (fitted with a green cover):

908_2un.jpg
If so they are known as W5W and/or 501... in which case there are plenty to choose from on ebay etc...

I've not tried this change yet - but its on the list...

These are "Wedge" type bulbs, 12 volts 5 watt. As an indication they sell at 81p each from Vehicle Wiring Products. The same company list the 501 LED at £1.39. They are classed as "Off road use only" and look rather bulky.

Roger

have got the main (bigger) bulbs on there way from a well known auction site ....

Back