Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick Radiator Question

Piper

Hi all,

So I'm finally on the trail of buying my first LC and will be hopefully picking one up this week (fingers crossed). If I do buy it the first thing I'd do is change the radiator, etc. However what i wanted to know is this. When I go to view the LC, is there anyway to tell if the radiator is already gone and if there is any gearbox damage? I'd hate to buy it only for the damage to already be done so any tips on what to look for would be much appreciated.

All being well, I'll be able to post a few pics by the end of the week.

Cheers
Ryan

check for water in the gearbox oil seems to be the general opinion, the opil should be very nice and red in colour and not murky (if thats a word)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I apologise in advance for the ignorance of my next question! Having never owned any form of LC or 4x4 before, how do I check the gearbox oil. Is there a reservoir in the engine bay.

Sorry if I sound like a complete numpty!

Ryan

i am taking it with your question that it s an auto, maybe should have asked that in the first place. there will be a dipstick similiar to the engine oil, not sure where it is on an oil burner but on the V6 petrol is on the O/S near the brake master cylinder tucked down a little out the way. Make sure you check the oil with the engine running and gearbox in park

J66P said:
i am taking it with your question that it s an auto, maybe should have asked that in the first place. there will be a dipstick similiar to the engine oil, not sure where it is on an oil burner but on the V6 petrol is on the O/S near the brake master cylinder tucked down a little out the way. Make sure you check the oil with the engine running and gearbox in park

Yes correct its down by the master cylinder it has a little spring clip holding it in. make sure the box is changing nice and smooth through the gears.

Joe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good luck Ryan - hope you find a nice truck waiting for you when you get to see it

Back