Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rack or bars help me decide

shame.... why did you do that?

Crispin said:
shame.... why did you do that?

It was good fun? Or do you mean break it? I was bored with it and even with just the one careful owner and me it was worth more in bits than whole :)

Jons old 80 lives on in spirit, many of its vital organs have found their way onto my cars!

Back on track, I like the mk2 rack best.

Ian

idrubie said:
Back on track, I like the mk2 rack best.

I was hoping you'd comment as well Ian seeing as you saw it at the weekend or did you not notice it then? :)

I try not to spend too much time looking at your car, I know what will happen and I can't afford one!

I like racks on modified 4x4s, to my eye a nice looking rack completes the picture. I have a full length ARB rack which will be finding it's way back onto the red car in the near future.

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh no, don't do this to me :lol: Does it sound proper V8 now?

Ian

bu**er, bu**er and bu**er :lol:

You were already fairly high on Nickies "This ones trouble" list, think you may have just claimed top spot.

Ian

Hmm - I spot the signature change too :shock:

Besides the go-louder exhaust, are there any performance benefits? Did you flash the ECU for the headers and zorst?

[/hijack]

Gary said:
Besides the go-louder exhaust, are there any performance benefits?

Yes, more get up and go :D

Gary said:
Did you flash the ECU for the headers and zorst?

No but a Dastek Unichip is next on the list now the zorst is done.

heh heh - had a Dastek chip on my 80 4.5 efi - had a few bewildered Golf GTi drivers in Cape Town when dropping them at the robots - sorry - traffic lights - and having all 4 wheels chirping and emitting smoke :lol: :lol: Teach them to try and cut me up heading to the up-coming intersection :twisted:

In fact I've got the dyno graphs at home somewhere an chuck up for you to look at and compare - be interesting to see what the dyno shows for you.

Gavlad said:
May I ask why we don't have a soundbite of it posted yet??? :ugeek:

I don't think I have a way of recording it that would do it justice. Sounded better to me than the Aston they had in at the same time :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
:roll: I can't make my mind up wether to keep going with my mkII roof rack or go back to the factory rails so I need help :|

With rack this morning:

IMG_0888.JPG

With rails this afternoon:

IMG_0889.JPG

Help :mrgreen:

Rack mk 2.5?

Image0090.jpg

That's looking good Jaydubblyuh - oi loikes Mk.2½ :)

But blingless though ;-)

You mean without the lights Gav? That's the main diff from the mk2, I cut the light bar off :mrgreen:

Had to have a black hoop on the bumper for the sticker, wouldn't have shown up very well on the silver :D Matching sticker on the rear window :D

Chrome hoop with black sticka Jon - BLINGBLINGBLING!!!!! ;)

Back