Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radiator expansion tank LJ78

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Anyone know how to remove the plastic expansion tank located under bonnet behind n/s headlight on LJ78, I need to replace bulb and cannot get in there. I was gonna take the light unit out from front, but this could upset the height/angle adjustment - more grief with MOT. Thanks.
John

It should just pull straight up. There should be hooks you can get your index fingers into mounded into the tank.

Wiggle it up, left, right, left, right........

Thanks Garfieldus, I did try that as that seemed most obvious, - there is a channel moulded in back you can get your finger in as you describe. - could not feel hooks or anything, but as I was unsure of method I did not pull too hard in case I F.U.B.A.R. Now I know I will pull harder with that wiggle you described.
All the best, John

Well, after f*c*ing about for ages yesterday and again this morning have come to the conclusion this mf must go backwards to come out. with a pencil beam torch I can just glimpse the top and sides of a bracket that tank appears to be attached to, so definately does not come up. As mine has dual batteries this involves removing one and the tray, so I thinks, right, headlight out it is - cannot get out without removing grill - cannot get off without removing spotlights. Do japs design and build, because mine has been built and then designed, also no two models are the same, everyone has slight variations, no quick jobs on these !! Almost makes me want a LR. (wash your mouth out) lol
Rant over, weather (and Mrs) permitting will remove one bat. and tray and try again - all to replace one bulb
Cheers, John

Hmmmmmm..... unless yours is different to mine. Mine is a kzj78 but I remember my lj was the same.

Video on the way.....

they should be the same, but you have to pull it like you stole it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rich, I like that - a lot, must remember that one, ties in with what Garfieldus was telling me. thanks

Garfieldus, sending the video was brilliant, confirms every thing said. I was reaching for the hammer at one stage (a big one). before leaving it as something was telling me you must be right despite what I was seeing or thinking. Watching the video (so simple) made me feel a right twat, anyway have squirted loads of wd around and over bracket as it is sooo tight. Tomorrow will wiggle and pull it like I stole it !! thanks, Rich

Cheers all, John

It`s out, - exactly as you said and showed on vid. thanks for your time and information guys, much appreciated.

Regards, John

Back