Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radiator Replacement

well I don't know,( probably old tech, no ECU) I had one in a DAF 45 lorry that I practically gave away, my co-pilot has a Ram 4x4 jobby, huge, 4x4 with a caravan back like a motorhome on steroids, tasty but not my choice, bags of power, he uses it as a tug for his 'froader and it really goes well. The last event that we did was in France, near Clermont Ferrand, he took his 'froader and towed it with his Ram, I took mine and towed with the 'Bruiser, same MPG!! but the Ram towed better uphill. Lots of info on you tube, that motor has a good following

I had originally thought about the GMC V8 diesel but it seems they aint that quick or powerful, but reliable, and if you compare the price of that Cummins to what my headgasket and head came to (nearly a £1k,) As yet aint seen one fitted in a bruiser, but it might be interesting.... A "new" 1HDt as advertised in the french "TOYOTA" magazine is 10,000 euros, and I think that might be exchange! Also interesting, is the price modded 80's are advertised for, from 15 to 20k euros! They'd be out of my pricerange for that, but as one american chap said in an american mag "what else is there that compares?"
However, I'm happy at the moment with the result I have, next is a bigger intercooler!!!

Back