Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio Mutimedia

Simon5030

Country Flag
great_britain
So i am looking at replacing the OEM Radio and nav system for something a bit more entertaining and useful, found this on the web!
Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Prado-Android-Navi.jpg
Ok, so the lady is very pretty but thats not my main driver!
The model is HSL-CP-40D and it refers to being specifically for Prado and is OBD compatible
Toyota-Land-Cruiser-120-Autoradio-DVD-GPS-Navigation-TV-Android-5.jpg
So i thought this would be some really good stuff besides all the whistles and bells that come with it!

Q. Has anyone had any experience of these type of radios?
Q. Has anyone had any experiences buying them from China

Thanks
Simon

Think various folks have been down this route - not always successfully. What version of 120 are you in and what year? OBD2 only came in for Europe in 2007 I think. Earlier for Oz though. Depending on what you are driving you may need to worry about control integration for a/c, sat nag etc.

Gary
LC 2005 Auto D4D, i might ask them and see if its ODB or ODB2
Sat Nav comes with the unit and so does just about everything else!, if it was a UK supplier and i could see one working it would give me confidence to buy but its just the out on a limb when buying directly from China as you have no control when things go bad!

Simon

The 2005 will only be running the Toyota diagnostic suite - OBD2 plug only to confuse you. Crispin tried tons of readers, none of which work unfortunately. Is it a LC5? If yes, I'm pretty sure you'll lose all your climate control etc. And integrated audio and amplifier. Maybe not. As you say, a bit of a risk to bring one in and find it doesn't work, or worse still, partially works. Or only speaks Cantonese ...

Gary
Yes it has the OBD2 plug but only has certain pins, spent all last night running through loads of info on this and there is so much conflicting information, bit annoying really, most of them say OBD2 was compulsory in Europe after 2004 but what level of OBD2 seems to be the mystery:think:
I think its best to stay clear :thumbdown:

Thanks

Simon

I dont think you will have any luck with the OBD tie-in on a 2005 model.

I bought an all singing, all dancing head unit direct from China on ebay a few years back, the price was great !!!
The satnav was great but thats where it ended. It technically did everything as advertised but its functionality was utter utter rubbish. Took up to 2 mins to start ipod play, then if you switch to radio and back it would start all over again at track 1, no way to change this. There was no RDS, no seek, etc, etc. I could go on.

Anyway, the unit had an actual fault where the screen went blank at startup sometimes so I was able to return it and get a refund, otherwise they werent on for giving me a refund.
All their feedback was positive but this was becuase they offered money back if people left positive feedback within 2 days of delivery (before they fitted it !!!)
That was actually why they agreed to refund, I hadnt left feedback yet. The refund was on the provise that I left no feedback. I rubbished the product on ebay after I got the refund and they disappeared as a seller.

I since got a JVC avx800 (bought on the web in Germany at a very good price) which I'm quite happy with although its a bit chunky & square looking. It doesnt have satnav but that doesnt bother me, Ireland is a small place anyway.

My only advice is, if it looks too good to be true then ............

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cir287

Thanks for the info, i will leave the original in for now

Simon

So i bought one of those OBD2 ELM327 Blutooth adaptors off Ebay just because i have to know!!!
Plugged it in and 2 red lights came on (no indication as to what they are!!!), downloaded a free app Laplogger for my Blackberry Z10 and it just worked!!!!! loads of info from my ECU inc error codes
Well i am really made up now! Looking online it seems like the best App that people are reccomending is Torque so i will now download this and try it!
I have not yet found out what protocol its using ODB/ODB2 ect but i think Torque shows that
:thumbup:
Simon

Well that's interesting - details on what you got - link??

Ye, sounds very interesting.
I tried a scangauge on my 2007 a few years ago and nothing worked despite the actual manufacture date of the LC being in 2007.

I bought one of those plugs for my brother a while back but he said it didnt work on his car so I might ask for it back now !!

I tried 5 or 6 various ones (distance selling rules rock) and none worked on my 120 but all worked on my wife's diesel alfa. The LC120 euro version is not obd2, it's a proprietary language.
You do get readers for over 200 odd which claim to read them but certainly not the cheaper ones (which also make the claim)

Would be interesting to see which type you have.

Ye, sounds very interesting.
I tried a scangauge on my 2007 a few years ago and nothing worked despite the actual manufacture date of the LC being in 2007.

I bought one of those plugs for my brother a while back but he said it didnt work on his car so I might ask for it back now !!
I have a scanguage working very happily on my March 2007 LC4

Well i have led you up the garden path!:oops:
I was so excited to see if i could get something out i failed to notice it was showing test data, it was late at night and i had 5 mins to test it :wtf:
Like someone mentioned 'if it looks too good to be true then it probably wont work!'
Since downloaded Torque but nothing!

Apologies

Not given up yet as with the ELM327 came a bunch of different software packages on a CD so when my Bluetooth USB adaptor arrives i would like to test them out! It must be the programmer in me that just will not give up!

Will update if i find anything interesting
Simon

Back