Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radius arm and Panhard rod bolts...

Main stealer talk for inflated prices, vintage = more cash, what a load of old Mother Hubbard !
I'm taking all my old ones to Antique Road show.

As said earlier, find specs and buy from bolt/engineers supplies, or as Andy said, reuse if look ok ?

Totally agree Chapel, I think often the reason why people think poly bushes are such an improvement is that they are comparing worn out 20+ year old OEM bush with a poly rather than with a new OEM. For most applications OEM all the way for me.

personally i wouldnt be fitting poly bushes. i would stick with toyota. they last for years and are more supple than the poly bushes.
Awww hells bananas.... ive already bought bushes for everything that can be bushed - in nolathane poly ...
Ill be adopting the position and lubing up on Monday for another call to Toyota.
If bolts were quoted at 460, I will expect an equally knee wobbling number for the bushes.
Have to say though, I agree on goong OEM... but I figured poly were longer lasting, but cheaper

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awww hells bananas.... ive already bought bushes for everything that can be bushed - in nolathane poly ...
Ill be adopting the position and lubing up on Monday for another call to Toyota.
If bolts were quoted at 460, I will expect an equally knee wobbling number for the bushes.
Have to say though, I agree on goong OEM... but I figured poly were longer lasting, but cheaper
Your world won't stop spinning that's for sure.

I've been slacking lately, but I normally stock the complete set of bushes for the 80 series. They were not much more money than the nolathene bushes.

I remember my dad constantly replacing oem range rover bushes, I think thats when the poly bushes became popular.

Oem 80 series bushes are very good and last for years.

Thanks CG, yep, brand name, the material used is Urethane and there's different grades.
The red so I am told, is as hard as hell, I have the blue ones which have some flex without being overly soft or hard.
They seem superior to normal rubber which perishes/cracks - time will tell ,

Thanks CG, yep, brand name, the material used is Urethane and there's different grades.
The red so I am told, is as hard as hell, I have the blue ones which have some flex without being overly soft or hard.
They seem superior to normal rubber which perishes/cracks - time will tell ,
Thats what these nolothane ones are, a sort of very dark blue/purple colour.
I seem to have stoked a good bit of discussion with this thread, but I was swayed to the poly bushes on price... thats always a false cause really, often ending up paying twice for inferior longevity etc...
Anyway, thinking on - if the bolts all free up nicely, and haven't too much pitting, I think ill give these a fit and report back with the feel and ride results.
I know poly bushes were favoured in performance motors because they were less flexible and gave firmer cornering etc.... not something I expect in my 3 ton top heavy vertical pendulum 80 series .
I've always loved that sofa soft ride in the beast, and that's definitely a credit to the evolution of the landcruiser... been in 60, 75, 80, 90, 100 & 200 series across deserts for many years and I've felt the evolution in great detail!
Economising on bushes might be a bad choice in hindsight, but I think ill call Mr Toyota on Monday and see what is available, then maybe send these polys back.... Will update soon

That's a better colour description of them Ciderman, spot on !
Since fitting mine, the ride/cornering feels more positive, if that makes sense, a job to explain really.
The originals were perished and cracked, and not a good fit, so anything new would feel better ?
I didn't do it purely on economy, as said time will tell.
They are made by Whiteline I believe, US company that have a good reputation.
Mine came from Roughtrax who IMO don't sell rubbish, but yer pays yer money, and takes her choice !
Good luck with the 'cheese' bolts, haha, mine were a struggle using various methods after heads rounding and seized, and one I had to put lots of heat into, setting alight the old rubber.

I'm planning on swapping all my original worn out bushings for the nolathane ones....
Any reason you are not replacing with standard genuine or Pedders rubber ones

I fitted Polly Bushes many years ago and have now gone back to rubber, the Polly bushes were too stiff and I suspect were the cause of the cracks in the front axle radius arm mounts.

Any reason you are not replacing with standard genuine or Pedders rubber ones

I fitted Polly Bushes many years ago and have now gone back to rubber, the Polly bushes were too stiff and I suspect were the cause of the cracks in the front axle radius arm mounts.
After all the advice and experience offered up in this thread, I'm already regretting the poly bushes purchase!
The only real reason I went for them was everything was available and easy to pick (on RoughTrax) but also a little of me was considering the cost.
I was worried the polys would be too firm and ruin that comfort factor also.
After some excellent opinions here, im going to call Toyota tomorrow and see what's available.
I had a 3.2 TT years ago, and swapped the engine "dogbone" steady for a poly version and it wasn't a pleasant improvement, transferring too much vibration on acceleration etc...
I didnt even know pedders do rubber aftermarket replacements
I've bought standard height stiff springs from pedders to fit. Hells teeth.... why is nothing ever straightforward...?

Just spoken to Toyota....
All bushes for the radius Arms, leading and trailing arms - and the two panhard rods - 1071 quid!!!!!!
A bag of sand!!!

Agreed Cider its a lot of money, but I always try to think of these kind of expenses in the long term. The OG bushes lasted 20 plus years, if you fit Toyota ones now, assuming you keep the truck for a good few years you shouldn't have any issues with them.
Out of interest have you compared the prices with Amayama? Yes you might have some import tax (not all my orders were taxed), worth a compare.

Youre absolutely spot on. The ones on there now will be originals, at 30 years old they've fared extremely well.
I do value my truck and the comfortable ride, so yes, its worth it without a doubt.
Have just checked out Amayama, and they can supply all, including shipping for 300 quid.
Ill go for that

I have used them many times over the last few years for Toyota and Mitsubishi parts and always had a brilliant service from them

Put anything that even resembles an aftermarket bush in your suspension here in Spain, and the yearly (or six monthly depending on vehicle and/or age) inspection is pretty much guaranteed to fail your car....unless you have an engineer's report......circa €250.00!

There are some very few and far exceptions though.

Regards

Dave

Put anything that even resembles an aftermarket bush in your suspension here in Spain, and the yearly (or six monthly depending on vehicle and/or age) inspection is pretty much guaranteed to fail your car....unless you have an engineer's report......circa €250.00!

There are some very few and far exceptions though.

Regards

Dave
Ouuufff....!! That's harsh
A 6 monthly MOT?!? No doubt its a money maker rather than a safety thing

Back