Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Re Mapping

dunk1

Country Flag
great_britain
Can a 55 plate 3.0TDi D4D be re mapped to give better mpg, power & torque ?

Not something I have actively looked to find, but you can add aftermarket tuning boxes. If you do a search in the 120 section you will find my and Trevors threads doing this with two different brands.

Not something I have actively looked to find, but you can add aftermarket tuning boxes. If you do a search in the 120 section you will find my and Trevors threads doing this with two different brands.

I found that thread after posting :)

Interesting bit of kit and very easy to install :think:

Last edited:
I should think you'll be able to get it re-mapped pretty easy as the injection is controlled by the ECU

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a power chip, that I used to use.

I used it when pulling a 2000kg 4 wheel caravan, thousands of miles over Europe "twice"

Now we are back in UK, I guess I will sell it.

I will take a picture of it to post.

It has several different settings.

Gra.

Can a 55 plate 3.0TDi D4D be re mapped to give better mpg, power & torque ?

I have the Toyota kit for sale if you're interested.

I used it when towing a combined weight of 2750kg with my 120. Got great satisfaction when I and another 120 (with a lighter load) used to hit a 2km long hill and see him disappear in the rear view :)

My 120 is now sold but I kept the kit.

2013-10-11 10.48.30.jpg

Hmm could be keen on that - do you have the part numbers please as they're different depending on year made and power rating.

And price?

Cheers

I have the Toyota kit for sale if you're interested.

I used it when towing a combined weight of 2750kg with my 120. Got great satisfaction when I and another 120 (with a lighter load) used to hit a 2km long hill and see him disappear in the rear view :)

My 120 is now sold but I kept the kit.

View attachment 9343

I would be interested in this if Dunk1 is not :icon-cool:

I can't decide if these are the way to go or not, seems strange you can't actually re map
the ecu, i've spoke to two mappers now and it can't be done.

Personally I think the Toyota one posted by Garfieldus would be the best way to go. Off course depends on price....

I just spoke to Evolution chips who do a box that their agents
solder to your ecu, the lady i spoke to recommended not to fit
one to my Landcruiser as it will blow out lots of black smoke so
sounds like its just going to be over fueling.

Their box is £700 !!!

Im shocked and puzzled at her honesty and if thats the case why
would they sell them

Surprised there's not more mentioned on the net if this is the case

Last edited:
I think it depends on the type of system.

Landrover design their programs to take account of the wide variety of fuels qualities, so when remapping they are assuming that higher quality uk fuels are being used.

I thought the toyota system was a solid-state ecu, as opposed to a computer chip, but maybe thats just the 70/90 series. On these, the box is a piggy back system - it fools the ecu into thinking that extra fuel is needed (ie engine isnt yet up to running temp), which means you are indeed over-fueling the engine. I guess that on the 120 series they havent found a way of changing the fuel delivery parameters?

I think better mpg and more power are mutually exclusive, you will get better mpg if you dont use the extra power.

If Toyota do a plug-in system I'd use that.

Pete

Since fitting the Lindop chip I've been very very happy with the results, the improvement when towing is just what I was looking for and normal driving is a joy. I'm probably getting no better MPG as I enjoy booting it too much but it's nice to know that it's still running within the Toyota engine specs.

Since fitting the Lindop chip I've been very very happy with the results, the improvement when towing is just what I was looking for and normal driving is a joy. I'm probably getting no better MPG as I enjoy booting it too much but it's nice to know that it's still running within the Toyota engine specs.

I'm mainly looking for better fuel economy so if it was 10% that's
about 40 miles on a tank full so around 37 full tanks for the unit
to pay for itself or around 15,000 miles

Last edited:
Back