Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear anti roll bar

goodoldboy

the rear anti roll bar on my 95 has snapped & main stealer is asking €200.00 + vat - has anyone tried welding one ? i am aware that the bar has to be elastic to work & welding can result in hardening of the metal so i would have to anneal it after

Have you asked Karl Webster if he has one? He broke a Collie a while back...

thanks Gav but because of the size postage to spain would be prohibitive

It might not be as much as you think - a guy ships stuff to us from Holland & I'm sure he only pays about £30 for fairly big boxes...

That said, when I posted one back to him, TNT charged me £150!!! :confusion-scratchheadblue:

However, in answer to your original question, I've never welded one... Gotta be worth a punt.

How does it handle withoutthe ARB??

Just remove it & forget about it, I've not been running a rear anti roll bar for a long time now :thumbup:

NB, Don't do the same with the front one though, as I've tried this also & although OK for off road (I do remove mine for laning and pay & plays) it does effect the high speed handling alot if removed :o :!: I can get Fiery to lift a wheel very easily without the front ARB fitted :twisted:

as above I snapped mine in Wales and it drives very nearly the same, dont think mine will be going back on

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
dont forget to tell insurers if you remove it - they would use it to wriggle out of a claim if you didnt....

I'v bitten the bullet & ordered a new one - the car is used for work so plenty of towing & i'm not sure how it will be without.Also andy's comments are pertinent - here in Spain no ARB is a MOT failure.The bar snapped inside the bush/mount so i didn't notice till i jacked it up the other day & it popped out. thanks for the replies

Back