Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Door Hinges

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I have just fitted new genuine door hinges to the rear door of WUGG
I appear to have a larger gap at the top of the door, sure it was not there before
they don't appear to any adjustment on the hinges so do I have to shim it up
Any ideas most welcome
David

Are you sure the gap is larger or have you just noticed for the first time the gap seems a little generous , the first time i seen mine it made me pause for thought .

doorhinge001_zps454195f4.jpg

That does look about the same tbh maybe it was always like that
but it fits great till you get to the glass then it comes away from the body some what

You have probably just made yourself too familiar with something that never crossed your mind before . Mines a shorty 90 but i would guess the door on a longer 95 are exactly the same .

hinge2001_zpsbb84135f.jpg

the door hinges must have adjustment somewhere in them as all car doors can be moved about to get a good fit. sometimes its the back plate of the hinge that will move.

I did the job on my own and need 4 hands
I have since found they is a small amount of adjustment on the part that bolts to the body
It really needs 2 off you tbh one to hold it in place while you do the bolts up
I had to make do with a jack under the door, but I have got it better

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
doors are awful to adjust on your own. i once dropped an complete coach door on the floor as my boss told me to undo the wrong bolts that took 4 people and a jack to get back into place.
stu

Tell me about it I will wait till Monday when the lads come into work for final adjustment lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

the final adjustment is the easy part have the bolts nipped up just tight enough to be able not to move as you open and close the door. then with a leaver and a cloth not to make the paint work move the door into position then open door and tighten up.
stu

Back