Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear draws and King size bed

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
With both rows of rear seats out, front to rear is 6 foot, width 5 foot, the front is easily detachable by removing two bolts, this enables the rear seats to be refitted.

We have 2 - 1 meter x 500mm draws plus a huge area under the front of the bed for more storage. The draws are welded 2mm aluminum with flightcase handles at both ends and 3 dividers in each... they will be hard anodized Black eventually.

Once we fit the 50mm foam mattress, a sheet, a duvet and a couple of pillows we have a king size bed ;)

i-WzxjB6C-L.jpg

Last edited:
Paul_Humphreys said:
Who made them Paul?
E.J Holyoake the commercial body builders in Shrewsbury £90 for the two draws

At that price I might get some made :)

I am off to see a man about making my rear bumper on saturday. I can have of his workshop!!

Paul_Humphreys said:
.....I can have of his workshop!!
Can we have an English translation please
comfort.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wow nice....

I like it... seen it on another thread too yesterday and was thinking that it was nice....
at that price I should give them a ring I think.... :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I forgot to say, the £90 didn't include the 4 flightcase handles or the 6 dividers, I got the handles off eBay and fitted them myself..... still a bargain though.

looks good... I should have a look at it soon considering you not far from me....

Nice looking job Paul - that looks vay cosy... Curtains to finish it off ;-)

Can you elaborate a bit more about the construction & maybe post some pics of it all stripped down or at least with the drawers out?

Cheers

Gavlad said:
Nice looking job Paul - that looks vay cosy... Curtains to finish it off ;-)

Can you elaborate a bit more about the construction & maybe post some pics of it all stripped down or at least with the drawers out?

Cheers
No curtains needed, limo tint on all rear windows
thumb.gif

The three uprights protrude past the fixed rear section about 20mm, this allows the rear of the front section to 'rest' on them.
i-DFZGJSP-L.jpg

There is then a small 50mm length that is welded to the steel angle iron frame that surrounds the front section, this is then bolted down through the front of the rear section and is used to stop the front section moving forward and dropping off the uprights. The bolts that can also be seen going into the wheel arches are used to secure the front of the rear section in place.
i-Kq3mFmn-L.jpg

The rear has 12mm threaded bar that goes right through the floor pan. A large penny washer and locknut underneath followed by the same on the top to secure the lower section. Then, the upper section is secured by the same method, this allows the top to be 'wound down' tight against the uprights. The top nuts are then capped off with plastic nut caps.
i-MGSttXG-L.jpg

The uprights are located in aluminum section that is glued and screwed to the lower section. 50mm wide sections of carpet was then glued to the length of the lower part of the upright, this makes for smooth draw openings with zero side movement.
i-nw83Bmq-L.jpg

It might all sound a bit 'Heath Robinson' but it has been engineered to deal with the vibrations that the Moroccan pistes throw at you :D

i-WzxjB6C-L.jpg

Last edited:
Eggsellent - looking forward to the field report on performance...

Spotted the limo tint afterwards but couldn't be bothered using my 15 minute edit window on this one - trying to re-wire my workshop... I still say a little floral fabric wouldn't go amiss ;-)

Oi loikes the handles though - did you mention a cost/source in more detail than fleabay earlier?

Va bene

re: handles

you can also buy these off the shelf at Maplins, they sell them for speaker cabinets and the like.

Bat21 said:
Gavlad said:
Oi loikes the handles though - did you mention a cost/source in more detail than fleabay earlier?

Va bene
£3.99 click the link flightcase handles ;)
I thought they looked good too :cool: , so I bought a couple for my rear drawers.
Chas

They look great. Keep taking in ideas for my own truck but wanting to leave the 2nd row in. Karl

Hi Lawrence, Welcome & Thanks for sharing this project, Looks really good..

Back