Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Light wiring

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi Guys I am having a bit of a problem getting my head round wiring some rear floods/spots.

My garage is about 40 feet long and when backing into it, its like backing into a black hole. I have got a couple of ring light to put on the back to give me some more light.

Now, Hooking them up to the reverse circuit is simple enough, Just a relay and a battery feed, where I am stumbling is the fact that I also would like to be able to turn them on whilst not in reverse from a switch either on my sexy new center console or in the back door of the truck for use when I am working on site or setting up camp. Again this is simple enough to do on its own, But I can't figure out what switches and/or relays I need to make this happen.

Anyone got any ideas???

Cheers

Put a PIR detector in to switch on the garage light, that is if you have power to the garage, I did that and my wife loves it, says it makes her feel safer when arriving home late and having the garage lit up and with the electric garage door opener she can stay in the car 'til it's shut again. :thumbup:

According to the wiring diagrams it looks like the reversing light switch switches +12v from the battery to the reversing lights. If you're using this feed to operate the relay, you could either fit 2 relays side by side, common the load and feed terminals and use +12v feed from the reversing light switch to operate one relay and a seperate +12v feed via a switch in a position of your choice (sexy new console sounds best) to operate the 2nd relay or just fit one relay and use a single pole, 3 position (on-off-on) switch, again in a position of your choice (again sexy new console sounds best!) to select either lights on when in reverse, lights on independently of off altogether.

Last edited:
Back