Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Outriggers SWB collie

deece

Country Flag
great_britain
My rear outriggers are shot, rusted through , does anyone know of someone who might fabricate them in the UK? So I can cut off the old and weld on some new ones. Phoned Toyota they don't do them as its part of the chassis.

Toyota should be able to supply them, not sure if these are what you mean, but if it's the rear body mounts, the parts numbers listed are 51709-60050 (rh) and 51706-60040.

Edit: these are for a 95, worth checking in case swb is different.

Toyota should be able to supply them, not sure if these are what you mean, but if it's the rear body mounts, the parts numbers listed are 51709-60050 (rh) and 51706-60040.

Edit: these are for a 95, worth checking in case swb is different.
Thanks Flint are those the actual mounting points welded to the chassis?

Thanks Flint you're absolute legend! much appreciated!

Hi Deece i can't find your import thread but how did things work out for you in the Isle of Wight ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Shayne, things didn't go smoothly unfortunately. If i had to do it again i think i would import from Japan direct (so minimal rust) or definitely go and inspect the vehicle in the UK myself.

First off I had issues getting the vehicle out of customs due to it not having import inspection papers into the UK going back 2004 so had to have it retested over here £££ in Jersey. The whole reason i sourced the car from the UK was to avoid this expense..

I used clickmechanic to inspect the vehicle pre-purchase the "mechanic" who flagged only some minor things (that is why i went ahead) but he missed some huge issues, the biggest being the head gasket was cracked. £££££

I'm replacing the rear bushes and back springs and spotted both rear mounts are rotten the drivers side barely there..Something that wasn't really flagged by click mechanic. ...So ive ended up spending a lot more then I originally intended..still love driving it though :grin:

Yikes what the hell is a click mechanic ? surely they offer some sort of obligation to customers ?

https://www.clickmechanic.com/ , freelance mechanic site. Had it here a day then drove for 10 mins white smoke poured out the back .. The mechanic from clickmechanic reckoned there was no evidence of a cracked head when it was inspected end of story. So in the 2 days after inspection and it arriving in Jersey it somehow had a cracked cylinder head. Anyway had its sorted but keep finding new issues :disappointed:

Yeah i checked them out and wasn't impressed . Sorry it turned out that way i guess you would have been better of with a more expensive truck to start with . Its good to see you on the forum though age is getting to these trucks now and your unlikely to have a problem that hasn't been dealt with before .

Yep this forum is a great community and source of info, I need try check in more often

Back