Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear pressure hose drivers side

Chrisvespec

Looking for a new pressure hose part number 49163/60040
Carnt seem to find one below £200, any one had same issue and know where i can get one....
Its for a 2003 4.7 facelift amazon

Try Amayama website. Will take 2-3 weeks but usually much cheaper.

And the parts are genuine Toyota.

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes try Amayama, you can check prices online, ask for a quote to include the postage and if you are happy pay via Paypal, my last order took around 10 days to 2 weeks from start to finish.
Do not forget that you will have to pay the vat and some postal clearing charges to Royal Mail once it arrives, the cost of the part on thier website according to your part number is £77.79.
Hope this helps

Thanks, have sent info to them....anyone know what ahc oil i should use in the suspension as there seems 2 types, 5w and 10w ....only says AHC oil in manual....

Hi,
From what I understand it is a only Toyota specific product.
I got mine last week through Milner 4x4 it was cheaper than my local Toyota agent, I believe it is one grade suits all, just ask for AHC oil and they know should know what you need.

According to t0yoDlY you need p# 49163-60011, asuming you mean RHS (that your vehicle is RHD), and that you mean the hose for the rear, right, shock absorber.
(You didn't say which kind of hose, but now you start talking about AHC...)

There is only one type of AHC Fluid, and make sure you don't use anything else.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I already had the part number 49163/60040 uHu, and it looks a real bitch to fit, am thinking maybe cutting an access hole in the floor near to the top of the shocker....anyone replaced this pipe..!!

I have noticed some part numbers get updated/changed when I've ordered parts from my local Toy dealership and on Amayama. Could this be the case here?

Re fitting, I don't know these but is it a case of removing the shock or undoing the body mounts and jacking up the body at the back? Just throwing that in really as I say, not had experience of those trucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info starcruiser, ordered new one from Amayama £107 inc delivery....toyota uk want £249.95 plus vat....tiss a no brainer..still going down the route of cutting a hole in the floor as you cannot see never mind get a spanner on the shocker end....

You're welcome. You'll have to pay something when it turns up but probably no more than £50 all in. Works out far less than Toy anyway. I got two CV joints, all window rubbers, seals for the hubs, roller bearings, and gaskets for less than the price of a CV joint from Toy UK!! Including the duty!! Would have been over £2400 worth otherwise!!

The only thing I can think of is to lift the body at the back after removing all the body fixings. Not sure what's involved, though the actual lifting could be straight forward. Like I say, this is just theory as I don't know these trucks.

It is possible with angled ring scanners to take off the top hose, also to unbolt the damper with the body in place, as I have done so on my first V8. It is however, very much a patient task and takes ages! You also need to bend in very odd directions if laid under the car and not on a lift of some type!
barry

A commercial garage would only think about it for as long as it took to attach the hole cutter to the drill. It may be a sense of achievement to beat the nut and the pipe but in the real world of time and money it would be changed and down the road before you got the 1st spanner modified.

You can get to the rear nut of the AHC hat (sits on top of the shock) with a 12mm ratchet spanner, the free end pointing toward the front of the car. Just enough access to grab the free end with a lever to crack the nut but helps to have assistant holding spanner on.

It was tough even on a vehicle lift, wouldn't want to tackle it otherwise.

A commercial garage would only think about it for as long as it took to attach the hole cutter to the drill. It may be a sense of achievement to beat the nut and the pipe but in the real world of time and money it would be changed and down the road before you got the 1st spanner modified.

No modified spanners, just patience and skinned knuckles.

Last edited:
You can get to one of those bolts through the rear wheel arch. There is a gap between the body and chassis just enough to slide a flat open ended spanner in.

Back