Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Recovery points

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Well its pretty simple really...I don't have any. I did have one bolted to my towbar plate but after deciding to take off the plough for lincomb I am sat here worrying about how I am gonna get pulled out when I get stuck of maybe pulling a friend. I have asfir bash plates on and still have the brackets from the tow bar on as well.

Just after some ideas that could maybe be implemented in the next week. OK a new rear bumper would be the best way to go but with limited time and funds it aint gonna happen this week. soooo any other ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
Blakie

put your tow bar back on :eusa-whistle: better to have a plough than no means of rewards recovery, even if the plow is the thing stopping you moving :lol: I had two identical tow bars for the 100, a completely unmolested plough and one with the blade cut short with just 2 holes left for a ball...

If I'm not mistaken there's a similar set of points at the rear as the front (which may well be where your towbar was attached to).

I'm about to replace my pigtails and tiedowns with some loops made from heavy gauge plate (once I get back into the workshop to finish them), so that I can attach a bridle between them.

Pictures of the rear of your truck and tow bar mounts would be helpful :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
oooooohhhhh looks to be the same one as mine. Would it be really cheeky to ask if you had any of that bar left, and if not where did you get it from.

Cheers
Blakie

oooooohhhhh looks to be the same one as mine. Would it be really cheeky to ask if you had any of that bar left, and if not where did you get it from
Sorry, there wasn't any left over as in the end my m8 got his steel supplier to cut what you see from off the end of a bit of bar in the yard as a sample. He does spend a good few grand a month on steel from them though :icon-biggrin: Have you had a look on eBay :icon-question:

Back