Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear wiper????

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Over the last few months the rear wiper has become slower and slower and has now finally stopped all together,is there anything that can be done to ressurect the old one or do i need to see Karl or Stef for a replacement.

cheers Gary

Sounds like the motor Gary. Mine wiper doesn't work at all but the motor runs perfectly when you jump it from a battery. Something odd in the loom I guess. But I pulled the motor for a look and it did seem as though you could clean and grease it up before opting for a replacement one.

Chris

you may have the same problem as Frank had with a bad earth, posted recently about strange wiper behaviour?

EDIT: this one

Of course you might just have a tired motor.

Gary,

I've got a couple of spare motors if you want one.

If interested, Pm me & I'll give you a price etc.

Yes Jon. My problem is still solved and only took a few minutes to sort out.

Frank

Just a thought Gary, it could also be that the wiper linkage has seized up.

Where the wiper arm pushes onto the post of the linkage, this can seize up. might be worth trying to free it off.

You can check for this by taking the linkage off the wiper motor & see if the motor still operates.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine was rusted solid, which tallies with the condition of the rear hatch.

I took it out (make a note of how the linkage is connected to the motor before you unscrew it), pulled it apart, cleaned all the rust and gunk out of it, cleaned up all the contacts, packed it with silicone grease, and put it back together. Semi tricky bits were the little springs on the commutator that get dislodged when you pull out the spindle, and trying to figure out where the linkage should be on the motor's output (heed above warning :)) Works fine now.

removed the wiper arm and the spindle seemed to move but was very laboured,it was quite gunky/and rusty,,,removed the inner panel and removed the motor and linkage all seemed to be going well but then i broke the white plastic dome that clips over the ball part if the spindle/linkage.can i get this part or will i need to replace the lot????.

cheers gary

You have to replace the whole linkage.

I've just replaced mine they are approx £45:00 from Mr T IIRC.

Back