Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rearview mirror

LNIS

Country Flag
australia
Hey does anyone know a fix to tighten up the internal rear view mirror. Mine is so loose it flops down. Expensive to replace with new one.
If anyone knows oc a fully compatible new one would appreciate that, thanks all.

Never heard of that problem but i wonder if you can get it apart might a squirt of belt slip dressing on the swivel might hold it while not making it rigid ?

I have tried to get it apart but no luck. The plastic edge will shatter with too much pressure. The swivel ball joint cannot be pulled apart. Having had a heavier rearview combo camer over the top has added to the wear on the ball and wife requiring different position has worn the ball joint down to a very loose grip.
I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new one as I would not trust a used one.

Is itcslipping on the ball joint? If so, notcsure it's fixable. Karl may be able to help with a replacement.

It is just slipping on the ball joint. New mirrors from Toyota and others are ridiculously high priced. Not too keen on buying a second hand one as it is likely to have the same problem. I had a look at a few in other later Toyota vehicles on the off chance that they had the same fitting but no luck yet. I live in Qld Au.
Thanks for your response.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back