Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommendations for a garage / person to complete a diff regear

Ace-lux

Country Flag
great_britain
I'm looking for someone who can regear my 80 series diffs to 4.88 ('95,24v, triple locked, manual, thinking of 35s)
I've had Hiluxes for years and was either lucky enough to buy regeard diffs or just swap in another factory option.

Can anyone recommend a business or person to do them? Ideally in or close to Devon, though I can pallet them anywhere in the Uk

Thank you

You don't really need 4.88 to fit 35's really. I was running 37's on 4.56 and they were perfect, especially if it's a manual. Auto diffs staight swapped into a manual will give you perfect ratios for 35's. The pnly source that I know of 4.88s is Just Diffs in the states and bring them over and fitting and adding new bearings & seals etc them will be a hut full of cash. Devon 4x4 will swap ring and pinions for you. Rebuild fronts but I don't have the kit for rears. There might be a set of 4.88s out there actually. A certain green one in South Yorkshire....

Stick with what you got and spend the money on a bigger exhaust , you will improve performance despite fitting 35's :D

Stick with what you got and spend the money on a bigger exhaust , you will improve performance despite fitting 35's :D
I did think it would cost about the same to make a new exhaust and a FMIC as for paying for the diffs to be done.
Mine is a bit sluggish before the turbo kicks in (I plan on a tinker) and it struggles to stay at the speed limit on a local hill.
I will look at of the suggestions and advice before parting with any money!!
Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Best option on re-gearing for what you want really is just to pop in a pair of auto diffs, Rear diffs very solid rarely need work and front diffs can be sorted fairly easily including new ring and pinion here in the UK

Let's hope they can fit you in.

ok-hand-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-5_1f44c-1f3fe_1f3fe.png

Back