Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recycling third row seat mounts and Viair 450c Install

Spurred on by Ryan's activities, I got my tank back into place this weekend. Now originally I had it here - which was fine with 255 rubber up there but when you add beefier tyres the sidewalls will hit the tank. OK you can work around that, but I figured I'd try a different approach. Originally it was here:

IMGP4326.jpg

But now it's here:

P1000403.jpg

It's tipped slightly down at the front at there isn't enough head room where the footwell comes down, but having it thus doesn't mean that it will drain easily! Hey, it's practical and very well protected there. I have to make up some tricky little brackets to suspend it where it doesn't contact anything. But it's a solid as a rock. Plus if I ever need to site anything else, the space above the spare wheel might prove better. Such as a safe.

On the subject of juicing this thing up Ryan. I tired some different cable a while ago. Thought I'd posted this. Anyway, I was struggling like mad to get the thing to blow up a tyre. I ran some extensions to the std wire to get me going and it limped like a limpy thing. So I gradually upped the wire gauge and the thing literally took off. The 440P that is in Lil Blue actually pulls 38 amps. This time, I am adding a second 400c pump 'cos I want loads of CFM. I am running two airlines to the tank so that I get max delivery. I will be running a heavy cable to a small board near the pumps so that they only have to pull a few inches via their OE wire which will be cut as short as possible. That should rock. I'll only get 4mm csa air delivery of course from one air point, but with 150 psi behind it and the two pumps running together, there should be a significant difference in both flow and fill time.
We'll see.

Chris

Thats the spot I initially tried to put my tank, but the legs on my sliders are spaced in such a way that one end of the tank would have been about 20mm lower than the chassis rail so figured it was a no go.

What size cable did you end up going with?

Also are you powering this off of your leisure battery or main battery?

Going from the LB in the final install Ryan. Dunno what the cable actually was in the end. I shall have to work it out and let you know. Probably won't be using that actual piece when I come to wire in. I think I have some 35mm somewhere. It has to be enough to carry the load for two pumps. So about 80 amp max I'd guess - to get it closer to the pumps which will be about 1m away from the battery.
My tanks doesn't dip below the protection offered by the slider legs or the cross member. And I can actually plate the whole thing in if I want to.

Chris

Back