Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Refiting 1KZ TE engine

Ken Scotting

Hi All, I've removed the engine from my automatic Prado, and I'm just about to rebuild an engine to go back in.
Having had a good look round, I've come to the conclusion that if I'd undone the bolts on the torque convertor and then pulled the engine out, I may have saved myself a bit of trouble.
So here comes my question...............do I put the torque convertor back on it's splines in the bell housing and then drop the engine in and bolt it up? Or do I put the engine back in with the torque convertor already bolted backon the flywheel? Anyone done this? Or am I talking out of my ............... Over to you..............

put the TC on the gearbox input shaft, push and rotate it till the slot in the tube engages with the oil pump drive.

Well. I knew it wouldn't be a quick job but the old girl has been layed up since April last year!!!!!!
HOWEVER
The engine is completely rebuilt and its back in the hole at the front. Hurray should be easy now!
NO
Does anyone have a diagram / map of the vacuum pipes? I took photos but cannot find them anywhere.
I'm a couple of hours off turning the key...............but not without knowing where all those pesky pipes go. Will be very grateful if you can help out. Ken

Back