Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

regarding use of OBD translators

Sanc7ez

Hi, i wud like to know if any one have an experience in using an OBD ELM 327 for '99 gxr or any recomendation for a better OBD translator

I bought 2 of these (pic attached) both dint work

uploadfromtaptalk1452677039820.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

I have one of those and it works perfectly...but not on the LCs.
I have tried on a number of 120s and it did not work on any of them but worked fine on my 150.

OBDII was not required in the EU on diesels until after the 120. As such, they seem to use their own protocol even though the plugs are the same.

I tried about 6 different types of varying expense (good thing ebay has a returns policy...) as well as a top-end one a racing friend uses. None of them worked on the 120.

I don't want to say you're out of luck with 100 series as you can buy a specific Toyota one but it'll cost you. :(

ah cool, and that works on 100s and 120s?

You'll have to flick through the various ones on ebay to double check compatibility but I've used similar on both a 120 and 100.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for all the replies guys...but iam looking for a specific device tht i can plug in, and not a cable to connet to a laptop. Does nyone know a device tht works for LC 1999 gxr petrol ?

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies guys...but iam looking for a specific device tht i can plug in, and not a cable to connet to a laptop. Does nyone know a device tht works for LC 1999 gxr petrol ? Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk
As in a hand held scanner type item. I bought one for my LC and it doesn't work. I bought tech stream and a mini cable this works but not for everything

A bit more info about the car would be helpful for helping you. That it is a petrol changes the possibilities, potentially.
Is this a 100-series?
Afaik, there was never a GXR sold in Europe, where are you, and which market was the cruiser intended for?
E.g. the petrol versions in the US have OBD2. In Europe it is mainly M-OBD. Oz is a different case again.

There is the Toyota Intelligent Tester, which would work an all, afaik.

Please make a signatur line in your profile, with the main vehicle details.

I have an 1998 imported amazon 4.7. and ive bouight the techstream btu I cant get it to work from the socket near the accelerator pedal. it just doesn't register at all. is supposed to plug in here or to the one under the bonnet?

Yes, above the accellerator.
Iirc, in TechStream there's a line test, or similar, to check the connection.

Back