Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Relpacement radiator suggestions

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
After last years over heating problems in Spain, I'm looking to replace the rad again :doh:

My mistake last time was to fit a single core rad off eBay, in my defense I didn't know at the time that the original was a 3 core.

Apart from a new genuine Toyota one, what other options are out there?

Paul was it you who tried the Autokool one only to find that it was single core? I know someone got a bum deal. Mine was really good from them. Deff triple core and all steel. No plastic bits at all. Perfect fit unlike the Milner rubbish.

Chris

Chris said:
Paul was it you who tried the Autokool one only to find that it was single core? I know someone got a bum deal. Mine was really good from them. Deff triple core and all steel. No plastic bits at all. Perfect fit unlike the Milner rubbish.
Chris
No Chris, that was Ecobloke on this thread. Like you he got it from Autokool but it appeared that they had changed suppliers so he ended up with a naf single core one :doh:

They are only up the road from me. OK they dispatch warehouse is somewhere like Milton Keynes, but I am going back soon to get my AC recharged. (once I get a part from Karlos.

Maybe I could have a word with them. I did tell them that I have given them the thumbs up on our website. They liked that. Maybe they could get one in and I could check it to see if it's 3 core before it goes out to you. I dunno, but anyway, I am going back so I can have a word with them about how important this is to us.

Chris

Took it off for you today mate :thumbup: Just pm me those other couple of bits and i will try and sort them inbetween everything else over the next couple of days.

Cheers.

Yes it was me who got the radiator off them. Only just got an email this morning from Chris in the sales department informing me they had refunded my money and that the money should be in my account in the next few days. Only taken 5 weeks to get sorted. :evil:

They don't keep the radiators in stock but get them sent direct from the importer (the reason the refund took so long as they wait to get it back from them first!). Apparently it depends on what stock the importer has at the time but its luck of the draw as to whether you get a single or 3 core radiator with either metal or plastic header.

If you can get any more sense out of them and they can guarantee a 3 core rad then I will re-order with them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A quick word, the triple core one Chirs recommended is excellent. Fitted one after Chris got one a d it performed very well on our 17000 mile journey through Africa.
Big thumbs up from me on quality, easy fit and price

fridayman said:
How can I tell a 3 core from a single core?
Seriously ?

The single core is just 1 row of cooling area front to back, making it quite thin, about 20 mm for the cooling width.
The 3 core one is 3 rows front to back, making it around 3 times thicker in the cooling area.
The cooling air, that you are driving through, cools in theory, 3 times more water than a single row radiator.

G.

I'd be getting a Koyo rad if possible, they make the OE rads for MrT & they also do some nice upgraded ally ones.

Cheers. Haven't done a rad before... It's on the list though.

It WAS a good rad until the Fire Service decided to lever the bonnet open and bash the header in. :roll:

Not everyone had such a good experience and received a single core radiator. I was at Autokool last week and asked them about this. They understood the need and explained that they do sometimes used different suppliers. I said that if I wanted another, I would want to make sure it was triple core. They said that they could sort that. But I only live 20 mins away and they could ship it there from their warehouse and I could collect. But that doesn't work so well if you live in Aberdeen or Hampshire etc.

C

Cptsideways said:
I'd be getting a Koyo rad if possible, they make the OE rads for MrT & they also do some nice upgraded ally ones.

They might have been Koyo once upon a time but they're not now.

I replaced my Rad about 6 weeks ago & a Mr T supplied unit is manufactured by T-Rad. The one I took off was the same as well.

Brett said:
Cptsideways said:

They might have been Koyo once upon a time but they're not now.

I replaced my Rad about 6 weeks ago & a Mr T supplied unit is manufactured by T-Rad. The one I took off was the same as well.

T-Rad is aka Toyo Radiators.

There is also a T-Rad in the states but don't know if its the same company or not

Back