Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

remove alternator 105 series 1hz deisal

cuz

Country Flag
australia
Hi All , does anyone have advice on removing alternator from 2002 105 series landcruiser 1 hz deisal , do i simply remove power steering bolts to make way for removal of alternator or is it more complicated than that .
cheers Cuz

You’re probably sorted by now, but when I replaced the alternator on my FZJ105 it was clear that it wouldn’t come out of the top or bottom of the engine bay, so I took it out the side. The 105 has a plastic wheel arch liner that is very easy to remove (it’s in two parts), so I removed this and disconnected one of the power steering pipes and out it came.

On an FZJ105 the alternator is on the passenger side, on a HZJ it should be on the drivers side; you may be able to use the same approach, as long as the steering shaft doesn’t get in your way. Another option would be to move the A/C compressor out of the way, whilst still keeping the pipes connected so the A/C system remains intact.

Thanks Scott , all sorted but found the easiest way was to remove air filter and ahd plenty of room to lift it straight out of the top of engine . regards Cuz

Back