Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rent garage space

that's not shabby. @£10 for a lift, it could be well worth it for some jobs. More so now that the "summer" has passed...

I did wonder if the lifts would be man enough for a loaded 80?

Get away - there's one in Chesterfield!

Hmm, could be handy. Especially for rebuilding Matt's engine!

Chris

Best check with them first fellas - we just tried to book space in the manchester one and the guy said it wasnt paying and hes only now open fri and sat.
ill report back after next friday still a cracking idea.

One in London would be good - I guess any of the cities where space is at a premium and few people have decent garages. I would definitely use one if it was within striking distance.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
can't be many jobs where a lift is worth the trouble of driving to and from and paying for the privilege? Might as well just pay someone to do the whole job :)

Thanks for the lead A.. Going to try find one close by. I'm tired if working outside, in the street, in parking garages etc!
Chas is always my backup plan for non-engine-rebuilding work tho :)

Matt Wright said:
Chas is always my backup plan for non-engine-rebuilding work tho :)
Anyone else in my area is welcome too :thumbup:

Matt Wright said:
Thanks for the lead A.. Going to try find one close by. I'm tired if working outside, in the street, in parking garages etc!

Same here. I've got to change the axle seals (and possibly bearing) this weekend. Fingers crossed it stays dry for long enough. Or maybe I should just fit my new Foxwing!! :)

This is an interesting concept. I wonder if something like this would be viable in London? How many of the London crowd on here would utilise something like this if it was within an hour or so drive of you?

I remember I considered using Pit Start before. :thumbup:
Located in Acton.

Was sick and tired of working on the street :sick:

what happens if something breaks or snaps off and your car is stuck on the ramp

x_shaun said:
what happens if something breaks or snaps off and your car is stuck on the ramp
Well, that's where the hourly charge mounts up :whistle:

seems a little pricey in my opinion for what it is. Fair enough there is a lift but at the best part of 100 quid a day... my machanic charges less than that for labour. yeah there is no garuntee he is doing the job you would have done but when it comes to cost there is very little in it. asuming you do alot of work on your motor and it is off the road 7 days a month thats £700 per month...Roung by us you could rent a warehouse for that. ok the lift would add to the price but you could let others in at a tenner a day

Back